What Could Have Happened

Supposedly, what could have happened would have been a far less complicated life for both Maya and Riley.

On the night when it all happened, when they both got into a car accident, that wasn't suppose to happen. Everything would have gone okay if it weren't for the car that was driving recklessly. Little did anybody know that on the other side of someone else's story, there was trouble.

Apparently when Maya and Riley were still at the bakery, at that same moment, a man on the other end of town planned a proposal to the girl he hoped to marry but unexpectedly, she rejected, claiming she loved someone else leaving him devastated and heartbroken. How does he feel?

He felt as though all the happiness had gone from the world, the thought of seeing her with someone she loves apart from him was just heartbreaking. So what does he do? He got into his car and stayed behind the wheels and started the engine. And headed towards the highway.

He was driving really fast, thinking of how much of a coward he is instead of focusing on the road. But alas he reached a nearby traffic light which suddenly turned red but he didn't slow down, he didn't stop and so his car crashed into another vehicle. And all was a blur.

And if that weren't to happen, Maya and Riley could have gone home safely instead of waking up the next day to see your best friend who doesn't even remember you. They could have spent the next days, months or years without having to argue or fight about anything but that didn't happen because one was trying to recover one's memory by doing everything they can which involved a lot of conflict.

Things were supposed to be simple but they were far off the chart, they became complicated enough.

And as for Lucas, he didn't have to move away, he could have stayed with them enjoying the last few months of high school not worrying about a thing. They all could have graduated with a smile on their face receiving their diploma and attend the same universities. But that of course didn't happen.

They all parted ways for a long time and after all these years faith brought them back together as they reunite at the same place where they always were, with kids by their side.

And for the man who seemingly caused the accident didn't come to a point of certain death cause he chose to live. He knew somewhere out there, some people actually care about him. What use would it be if he were to die?

And right now he is happily married with the person he loves, living peacefully throughout his days.

Life is a mix bag.

You'll start off fresh and new believing everything will always be easy, but as you continue to grow you soon realize, things get harder and complicated in life and wish what could have happened would have been simpler.

But in the end, you'll reach a part that will make you feel like you completed life's work. And you'll smile about it.