19: He doesn't care

*Jungkook POV*

"Yah!" I yelled as she stepped on my foot. I doubt she heard me. She ran off too fast. Is she hurt..? Nah.. she couldn't be. She doesn't care about what I say. I-I don't know. Maybe I should.. go after her? It's too late. I spent too much time thinking about- her.

Oh god please help me.

*Areum POV*

I run past Kashi and the guys, I hide my face so they don't see me. I think someone saw me. Oh god.

*Taehyung POV*

"Guys, was that Areum?" I asked them as I saw a girl like her run past. She'd.. hidden her face?

They all shrugged or mumbled 'I don't know's. I had a doubt about that. I ran after her. They guys did yell at me, but they didn't chase me. If this was Areum, I didn't want them coming anyway.

~

*Areum POV*

I go into a storeroom and push the door slightly. I don't want anyone to come in here but I can't risk locking myself in here. I hid behind a box, back facing the door. I just, cried. It was all I wanted to do. All Jungkook said was that he didn't want to be known being saved by a girl. But that girl was me. Would he say that to any girl who saved his life? Maybe I should've let him die. No! What am I thinking? I saved his life! I don't care he doesn't want anyone to know.

Suddenly, I feel an arm around me. It's-

"V!" how'd he find me? Did he know that girl was me?

"Call me Taehyung. What's wrong?" he said, rubbing my shoulder.

"N-nothing." I said, wiping my tears.

"Doesn't look like nothing. I'm not an idiot. You don't wanna tell me?" I nodded.

"Araseo. I won't force you. Let's go somewhere. Cheer you up, okay? Just us two." I would like that. Some time away from Jungkook.

I nodded and he grabbed my wrist and we snuck out of the academy. He had his own secret exit. Smart pabo. 

~

We went to a Chinese place, and Taehyung paid even though I majorly insisted I paid instead. He's so sweet. Coincidentally, Butterfly was on in the restaurant. 

"Thank you again, V." 

"Call me Taehyung, please. You know me as Taehyung from KPT, not V from BTS. Araseo?" he had that adorable smile stuck to his face.

I nodded. He smiled even further. It really kills me. I hope I'm not turning into a fangirl.

When we were back onto the pavement, I was dying to ask him something.

"Taehyung?" 

"Mhm?" he said, without looking at me.

"I- I just wanted to ask, does Jungkook really like that girl, or is he a player?" 

"Ah, well, he says 'This ones really it" every time he dates a new girl. We stopped believing him by the eleventh." he said, sighing.

"Eleven? You're kidding me?" disgusting. I can't believe I saved him. I saved that devil of a boy.

"That was last year. Now he's probably on thirty-something. You interested in being thirty-something-one, huh?" he asked back, now staring at me.

"Ew- aniya! Like I'd ever like him, he's a brainless playboy who only cares about his reputation." I spat.

"He's not selfish, if that's what your trying to say. He takes care of all of us even if he's the most-wanted maknae. I'd know, I am the second youngest in Bangtan."

"He.. is? He seemed pretty selfish when the gang encounter happened." 

"Well, before those girls became his friends, he wasn't. And now he's slowly turning back, thanks to you." it seemed like he didn't want to say those last words.

Thanks to me? What did that mean? Did I do something? Did I help turn Jungkook kind and caring again? I actually.. helped. What I wanted to do in the first place. I've helped him quite a bit haven't I?

"Thanks to.. me?"

"Ah.. nae. I- uhm, he thinks that all girls aren't the same because of you. He got bored of them until he found you."