33: Sister

"Kai." She mumbled. Areum jumped back to reality.

"Who's Kai?" Taehyung had heard her.

"My brother. My first friend."

As Taehyung heard those first two words he grasped Areum's hand.

"I thought I liked you. But I didn't. I wanted to be your friend because you remind me of her. Of my sister."

Areum managed a smile. He didn't like her. She was happy but sad at the same time.

"You remind me of Kai too, Tae." And he got up and looked at her for a few seconds. Then he embraced her like his sister had come back.

After pulling away, Taehyung reached for his wallet, and pulled out a photo. A seemingly old photo.

"That's my Ji Eun." He said, forcing a laugh.

Areum gazed at the photo of the small girl with glasses way too large for her fitting. She's wearing a loose pink sweater. Areum recognises it instantly. It's Jin's. She saw him wear it in gym. She wondered why that was, but she wasn't going to ask Tae now.

"She's so small and caring. She was four in this photo. She was eight until yesterday."

Areum squeezed Taehyung's hand.

"She was here when I didn't appreciate her. But just when I noticed her, she flew away. She's like a butterfly." Areum's heart hurt with those words. Taehyung really missed her.

"I'm here now," Areum said,

"I'm your sister. Just believe that Ji Eun's soul will always be with you."