Chapter 28

As I drove and drove wiping the tears off my cheeks I drove to wherever the road took me. I guess the road wanted me at my moms house. I park next to the side walk and climb out of the car with tears in my eyes and run to the first place I can think of. Me and Val's Place, as I begin sprinting I see people starring, little girls turning to there moms and pointing at me. They are acting like i'm running naked in public. I keep running and running and with out looking I run into someone muscular. I fall down on my butt and  he turns around. 'clay'? 'What is he doing at my place?' 

"Oh, um (Y/N) I didn't expect you to be here" He says nervously he looks scarred, and worried. 

"Yeah sorry, it was unplanned.. "I say acting like i'm fine because he looks worst then me " I didn't expect you to be here." I add

"Yeah, um I needed to talk to someone so I picked her up and brought her here...." He moves to the side.

"Scarlet?!" I say practically screaming. 

"Hi (Y/N)!" She moves out from behind Clay and hugs me. "I can leave if you want." She says nervously. And Clay looks at me begging me to say no.

"Oh, sorry I guess it seems like you need to be here more then me" I respond she smiles and whispers thank you. Although I have no idea why she is thanking me, unless she is thanking me for leaving. As I say goodbye to Clay I tell him I will see him at mom's and he nods. I wave goodbye and I run back to the house. In those few minutes when I ran into Clay and Scarlet I totally forgot about Evan. As I walk up to the front door, I slowly twist the handle so I can surprise my mom. I open the door and step in and shut it quietly behind me. I put my bag by the door and walk into the kitchen where she is pulling something out of the oven. She sets the item on the stove and begins taking off her oven mitts. "Hi mom!" I say startling her.

"Hi sweetie you scared me" She says after jumping and holding her heart.  She turns around and runs toward me, "'What are you doing here?" "I thought you weren't coming until next week?" I shook my head and she frowned. "Did something happen." I just look at the ground when the tears start to form in my eyes. I wipe them away and look back up and smile. 

"No, mom nothing happened that is important, I just decided I wanted to come a week early because I missed you so much." I say with a slight cracking in my voice

"Oh, okay sweetie." She smiles even though she knows I'm lying. I was about to walk out when she said. " Oh I almost forgot." She says while chuckling to herself. "Clay has a 'friend' coming over." She says while using air quotes on friend. I chuckle to my self she goes back to cooking dinner. 

--------------time skip 5 minutes------------

As I look around in my old room, I pat myself on the back for unpacking in only 5 minutes. I put my suitcase inside the closet and leap on to my queen sized bed. As I scroll through my phone I decide to change my relationship status to single.... I wish I could say heart broken. Almost a year, ALMOST A YEAR.! I yell mentally to my self., I should have talked to him, I shouldn't have let him leave. I should have held on to him pushing for answers, I shouldn't have believed what he was saying, I shouldn't I shouldn't havee. More tears were pouring out by now, I hated my self, I just hated my self. I lost the one I loved the one I saw a future with, when I was with Kyle. I was fine, I knew this was just a fling and yet I told him I loved him I never really was IN LOVE with him. Evan is different, Evan cared for me he wouldn't cheat on me. Would he?