Into The Furnace

With my legs in high gear, I sprinted toward the entrance, and one acolyte caught sight of me signaling his comrades of my approach. With an overhand throw, I tossed a scatter grenade into the small horde of acolytes that were directly ahead. The grenade then impacted the floor close by damaging the acolytes enough however not killing them. I continued my path forward and switched to my shotgun to finish them off. With a resounding crack of bone and metal, the acolyte flew backward due to the impact of the buckshot impacting his chest. I slid past the other three to reload the shotgun; it was my mistake not reloading it in the first place.

Once the chamber loaded I systematically attacked the enemies that lay behind me. One, two, three. With each impact I felt closer to my friends, with the acolytes nothing more than a black powder on the floor I moved deeper the fortress, I felt something here, not darkness but something that disturbed me. Upon passing the first door, three knights were present. One with a large sword and two others with guns that discharged arc energy in grenade launcher like patterns.

The two fired their cannons while rushing me for a melee attack. With eminent death looking me right in the eyes, I activated my radiance ability. The two knights with their boomers fired both of their shock rounds impacting my body. They stung a little bit, I had to keep going, I lunged forward, with my hand extended dodging the arc rounds from left to right. I hit the knight with my hand disintegrating him in a fiery blaze. The other moved in for a melee attack, where I ducked underneath his arm and hit him knocking him back then threw a grenade at the creature. The grenade exploded with a thoom, and the knight was nothing more than a small mound of black dust. I turned to my right and just as he was about to swing his sword

His sword swung from the side for an upper slash with the blade. It cut my arm, sending a burst of pain through me, it burned and ached as blue coolant leaked into my body glove. "UGH!" I screamed. I then looked at my arm seeing the cut a few centimeters in length. "Ok tough guy," I said to him then standing up. I moved in for an attack of my own. The Knight braced himself for me and I thrust my hand forward hitting him with a strike of solar energy. Yet..it didn't kill him! He was pushed back a little bit before he swung his sword at me again. The blade impacted me on my leg knocking me onto the floor, with the orange glow fading. I struggled to get to my feet and he ran over to me. With an overhead slash, he hit my torso; I shouted in pain as the colossal dull blade sunk into my stomach. It left a three inch deep and two-inch wide gash in my lower abdomen. As my gut leaked more and more coolant, the Knight prepared to swing one more time: this time aiming for my neck.

"I'm sorry." I thought. I failed to save them. I looked up at my imminent doom, then something unthinkable happened. A sword then pierced the chest of the Knight that was about to kill me. It looked like a Fallen Arc sword. The blade pulled back and standing behind him was a fallen captain in white armor. It was him. Sidriks with an arc sword in his hand and a dark liquid on the end of the blade. He extended me his bottom right hand then when I was about to grab it; it faded away. Then my eyes opened, the blade fell from his swing.

"No. I will get them home." I thought. I rolled over to the right before his blade caved my neck in. I worked up the strength and rammed my palm's heel up into his face to impact his face. The force wasn't enough to kill him, but it sent him back a few feet. The knight then looked at me stunned. With the blue liquid streaming down my face and my helmet visor cracked, with my arm slightly chipped and some sparks flying out of it. My stomach had coolant leaking out in droves from the smashed in metal and nylon. I took a step forward holding my stomach.

I looked at him, with a sort of savagery that only a human warrior could display. It wasn't him that made me this angry; it was everything that he represented. An indomitable force that stood in my way, with my arm slightly broken I ran toward him with my arms ready for a fight. I then punched him square in the jaw. "AGH!" I screamed in pain as my fist impacted his jaw. He then fell to the ground with the light in his eyes fading. I took a moment and fell flat on my ass for a moment as more of my coolant leaked out of my chest. Ghost popped out for a moment and started to run his scanner over the wounds in my chest, arm and helmet. A moment after, he disappeared and I stood up, feeling far better than I was a moment ago. I grabbed my rife off my back and started to run forward.