TWENTY ONE

"Is she here yet?" I asked Mats, I was too nervous ans stressed out, almost losing my mind right before the game. What will I tell her the moment I meet her again? I need to prepare one hell of a speech for her, I ruined her, I hurt her so bad and I need to make up for all of the things I've done to her, I owe her a good apology.

"She's at the crowd, but I have no idea where she sits." Mats answered, I nodded my head, trying to calm myself down for a bit, I need to be focused on the football match and then think all I want about Aurora.

I still couldn't understand why she agreed to come and see a football match of the club she hates the most right after Real Madrid. I'm starting to think there's something behind all of this, I brushed the thought away as quickly as possible.

We hurried to the pitch, holding a little boy's hand in mine, he looked up at me, his big eyes were glowing. I smiled down at him.

The boy got away quickly, a thought came to my mind, I called out for the boy right before the other players came to shake our hands, I gave the little boy my jacket, his eyes grew wider, all I could see was his hapiness.

"Danke!" he exclaimed, a huge smile on his face. I smiled to myself.

The other players came to shake our hands, it hit me, how could I be so stupid? We are playing against Atletico Madrid, of course Aurora will come and watch the match. I am about to play against Antoine Griezmann. The Frenchman always had a weird fetish towards my girlfriend, even though his stupid friend, Dybala wanted her all along.

It was his turn to shake my hand, I clenched my jaw and ignored his handshake as if I didn't even see it. My ego was up too high for me to shake his stupid hand, I hate him and I hate the fact she came because of him and not because of me, it was better if shs truly came because of Mats.

"Merde." the French guy muttered ynder his breathe, thinking I didn't understand after all these years of me being around Raphael Varane, son of a bitch.

I ignored it, I brushed it off and thought only abouf scoring against his shitty football club, I have to ruin him, I have to destroy his team, and this time it's important for my ego, mostly.

The match has started, somehow the ball reached my legs, some argentine fuy tried to steal it away from me, his failure caused a goal by me only in the tenth minute, I bit my lips, the adrenaline was driving me crazy at the moment, I wanted to score again and again. I decided to do my regual celebration, to point out for Aurora, I pointed at the crowd since I know she is there but the problem is I don't know exactly where.

Mats pulled me into a hug, whispering something in my ear. "Calm down." I rolled my eyes at my friend, he wanted me to calm down only because the media will go crazy over me not shaking Antoine's hand. I never cared about the media.

We went back to the match, I quickly passed Thomas the ball, the net was right in front of me, the goalkeeper ocked his gaze with Thomas as if he tried to tell him he will catch the ball, and he did. At some point Antoine ran towards our net, there is no doubt Manuel will miss his kick, he didn't miss just as I thought. I smiled to myself, Arturo quickly caught the ball, trying to go all by himself, he saw me finally and passed me the ball.

For some reason, my mind drifted back to Aurora, I had some kind of a flashback from the university days, she came to watch every single match of mine, and I knew that in this moment, she watched me just like the old days.

Just thinking about her admiring my football playing made me feel a strange way, I'm so in love with her, I couldn't stay focused on the game, not until I'll get to talk to her again and explain myself, I want to explain my stupid actions, she deserves an explanation. Luckily, I will get a second chance, a second chance for the millionth time.

Some of the Atletico players stole the ball, one of them that I didn't quite recognized, ran with the ball towards the net, passing it to Fernando Torres and scoring. It was 1-1, making it even more frustrating for me because I was going insane, I didn't care about the game, all I cared about was Aurora.

The first half has finally ended, Mats and Thomas walked along with me to the dressing room, Mats looked very devastated, because of me being such a whining douchebag, I need to focuse on the football match and on the football match only, I just couldn't handle it anymore, knowing the girl I am so deeply in love with is sitting in the crowd, probably thinking about another guy who is not me.

Does she even still love me? It is impossible, beyond crazy, she can't love after all I've done, cheating on her broke her into pieces, maybe even broke all the love she used to have for me.

"You need to focus on the match, Lewy." Jerome snaooed at me, his nose looked okay now, maybe I should punch it again.

I ignored him, giving him the middle finger before turning to Thomas and Mats, they were very judgemental towards my actions, every single time and it began to annoy me.

"He's right." Thomas said, I raised an eyebrow at my two best friends.

"I want to see her." was all I said, Mats let out a sigh, he was sick of me already.

"First you need to focus on the match, score some goals and then you can think about her all you want, do you understand me?" Mats asked and I nodded my head, I was tired of him trying to teach me a lesson, but he's right, I can't admit it but he truly is right.

We went back on the pitch, I tried to put my mind to the game, all I need to think about is scoring goals against Antoine's shitty club.

And I did score another goal, even Mats did, we won against them and I couldn't be happier, Antoine went to change shirts with Mats since he knew I will never change mine with him, but I did change mine with Fernando Torres.

The time has passed, I did some interviews, changed into my clothes and went with Mats towards my Audi, for some reason, I didn't think about Aurora at all, I forget the fact she was here for a while.

"Robert!" a soft voice called out from behind me. I recgnized it immediately, my eyes started to burn, I turned around to face her.

The love of my life.