Chapter Fourteen.

We reached my house peacefully with no one following after us and taking pictures, asking questions—pretty much what the media does when something scandalous comes up.  I’m grateful, so grateful, that no one followed us.  One, because I’m an idol, and two, Yixing is a trainee.  We could both be fired or the company might force us together when I’m already with Luhan.

                Thinking about that made me exhale deeply.

                “Are you alright, Hyori?”

                Yixing’s soft voice came towards me from beside me, so I raised my head to see his innocent brown eyes wavering with worry.  With little effort, the corners of my lips curved upwards into a small smile.  My muscles seemed to fight it, but it seemed to reassure him with my nonverbal answer.

                I prepared us a small snack because I suggested we just watch a movie until everyone else returns home.  I felt we should have something healthy, so I made a nice plate full of sliced fruit, and to spice things up a bit, made a little cup full of caramel for the apples.  My lips smiled once again as I gazed into the deliciousness and made my way to the living room, sitting next to Yixing who appeared to have played "The Avengers".  I have nothing to argue about—it’s an amazing movie.   It kind of sucks that there has to be Mandarin subtitles for him, but…yeah.             

                I heard Yixing clear his throat and I turned my head to face him.  His eyes were fixated on me and I felt myself grow hot as he opened his mouth to speak.

                “Tell me, what’s wrong with you Hyori?”

                My eyebrows furrowed. “What is that supposed to mean?”

                Yixing sighed and straightened his back. “Back when we left the radio session, you said you couldn’t remember, and I know for a fact that you didn’t hit your head really hard or there’ll be a bandage around your skull.  Plus, you wouldn’t be released from the hospital that early because the company wouldn’t allow it.” He narrowed his eyes at me and I felt my body flush. “What are you hiding?”

                Instantly, I grew more self conscious. “I-I’m not hiding anything.”

                “And you just stuttered and broke eye contact with me.” I froze. “I’m actually very worried about you, Hyori.”

                “You shouldn’t worry about me.” I crossed my arms and frowned. “Just worry about yourself.”

                “Why can’t I worry about you? I care and love for you deeply.” I felt him shift and he entered my side vision, where I hesitantly met eye contact with him. “Do you know how hard it is to not worry about you when you look like you’ve had no sleep and how many times you breathe too deeply?

                “Breathe…too deeply?” I tilted my quizzically.

                “Yes,” Yixing paused for a quick second. “Out of Luhan, Sehun, me, and everyone else besides Minri and Hyuna, I know you best.  I’ve been you’re partner in school for past few years for crying out loud!  I’ve noticed many things about you.” He shifted once again. “You breathe deeply when you’re sick.”

                I couldn’t help but laugh. “You sound kind of stalkerish.”

                “But am I not right?”

                “Actually I never noticed.”

                Yixing exhaled deeply. “But really Hyori, are you feeling really ill?  Do you have to keep it secret?”