Luhan Side Story.

Luhan POV

            “Hurry up and come down, Luhan. Meet your new housemate.”

            “I’m hurrying, I’m hurrying.” I spoke into my phone, desperately pulling a pair of jeans on. “I’ll be down in a few seconds.” I hung up on her without waiting for an answer.  As I threw my phone on my bed, I zipped and buttoned my jeans, pulling a shirt over my head.  I have to look at least somewhat decent for this housemate I’ve never met before.  When my mother's friend told me it’s a girl a little older than me, I grew a little excited.  She said she used to go to my school until she was homeschooled for a few months, but now she’s living here with me. 

            Quickly, I rushed out of my room and headed down the hall, skipping over steps and gripping the handrail tightly to ensure I don’t fall and injure myself before I meet her properly.  Once I reached the first floor of the house, I turned towards the living room, where my noona was facing me with a serious look on her face, and a slightly shorter girl whose back was to me, but her long, dark hair completely covered her back.  I walked a bit slower, examining her a bit more.  Her skin was rather fair, and she was incredibly thin, but it more in the fit-way, not the diet-and-starve way.

            Miu, my mother's friend, raised her eyes towards me and her eyes twinkled.  I instantly bowed, not realizing that the girl with the long, dark hair also turned around.  I heard her gasp and I quickly straightened up, focusing on her.

            And hell, she is by far the prettiest girl I have ever seen, but at the same time looks strangely familiar.

            “Luhan, meet Hyori. Hyori, meet Luhan.” Miu introduced us to each other simply.

            Her name sounds really, really familiar. “Have we met before?”

            She cast her dark eyes that didn’t sparkle whatsoever, down. “No, but I used to be one of your classmates.”

            “When?” Her voice was so soft and melodic, but at the same time, the air around her felt cold and somewhat scary and discomforting.

            “For four and half years.” Hyori sighed, rubbing her arm.  She didn’t dare raise her head to meet me eye-to-eye. “I-I lost a lot of weight since then.”

            “Six months of home school, dieting, and full-time exercise is worth it right?” Miu patted her back, but Hyori responded by just standing there stiffly.  She pulled her lips into a tight line as she gazed down at Hyori, but returned her gaze back to me. “Would you be a gentleman and carry her luggage to her bedroom?”

            “Ah, of course.”

            Without further hesitation, I took a few steps forward, leaned down, and effortlessly grabbed her luggage, which really wasn’t all that heavy nor did she have lots of it.  I turned and exited the living room, turning to walk up the steps, when I heard Miu’s voice talk sternly towards Hyori.

            “You do realize that we’re trying to help you right?”

            “I don’t need any help.  I’m perfectly fine the way I am.” The way Hyori responded sent shivers down my spine.  It’s as if poison was embedded into her words and they shot straight towards Miu.

            I heard the popping of knuckles. “Hyomin Hara,” I raised my brows in confusion, “This is for your own good, and for your future.”