Chapter Three.

I woke up, blinking rapidly so I can adjust to the sudden brightness.  I noticed I didn’t pull my curtains together last night so the sun illuminated my white and blue room.  After a few minutes of lying in bed, I sat up and went straight to my closet.  Grabbing a pair of sweats, socks, another tank top and my undergarments, I dragged my feet towards my bathroom and began to take a quick hot shower.

                When I finished my shower, I remembered the sudden text I received from my manager last night.  We were supposed to shoot our music video and our photo shoot today, but something came up and today turned to our rest day.  We won’t be practicing today, so whatever came up has to be important to cancel something like shooting a music video 

                I went downstairs with my hair slightly wet from my shower and noticed many body curled up under a heavy mess of blankets in the living room.  Then, I remembered all of Luhan’s friends spent the night here because they all collaborated to do a project for one of our classes.  I’m sure one of them told me they were going to do a skit, but I really didn’t pay attention last night.

                Quietly, I went towards the kitchen and made myself a light breakfast—yogurt, fruit, and orange juice.  My back was towards them when I ate happily at the dinner table.  There were yawns coming their way, so I only assumed some were awake.

                I heard footsteps behind me and I turned my head slightly to see Yixing stretching, licking his lips. His eyes groggily met mine and he flashed a silly smile.

                “Good morning, Hyori.” He greeted me in a sleepy voice.

                “Good morning.” I greeted him in my usual boring tone, “How did you sleep?”

                “I slept well,” Lay came beside me and sat down, “Your rug is incredibly comfortable for it being on wooden floors.”

                I shrugged, “I’m glad you slept well.  Are you hungry?” I noticed I finished all of my yogurt and fruit.

                “Just a bit.”

                “I’ll cook breakfast, so just stay here.” I stood up and grabbed my empty cup and bowl, throwing it away and putting the rest in the sink.  I felt eyes being burnt into my skin as I began to prepare homemade pancakes.  I made more the usual because I’m sure the others will be hungry when they wake up.

                “What are you making Hyori?”

                I turned my head to see Luhan next to me, eyes half closed. He was staring into the pancake batter with a confused expression.  Something within me wanted to laugh, but my body resisted it.  His eyes rose up and met mine intensely.  My face went a little hot at how different they looked than usual.

                “Homemade pancakes.” I replied to him while preparing the skillet, “chocolate chip pancakes specifically.”

                “Seriously?” His eyes appeared to bulge out.

                “I’m serious.”

                “You’re the best housemate ever.” Luhan smiled wide, “I’ve always been happy whenever you made this.”

                “So after a month of no communication, you acknowledge my cooking.” I nodded, “thank you.”

                “Thanks for not letting me starve!” Luhan suddenly moved closer to me and I stepped away.  He seemed to be taken back from my abrupt action, but his shoulders dropped.  I bit my lip and began to pour the batter onto the skillet.