Chapter Eleven.

I stood there, head bowed.  His words struck me, and I didn’t even think of that when the others announced that they’re trainees.  I swallowed and raised my head, but I knew I was breaking the rules anyways by even agreeing to date him.  The company wouldn’t allow any of my group to date, because they feared the scandals that would occur.

            “So, now you see why I was reluctant to agree to your persistence of dating you.” I said straightforwardly.  If my words hurt, I will feel guilty that it’ll hurt my heart, but it’ll be better for the both of us.

            Hurting him just so I can live my dream—I’m so selfish.

            Luhan’s eyes narrowed and he bit his lip. “I thought you weren’t serious when you said it’ll cost your entire career.”

            “So you didn’t believe me?” I raised a brow and I crossed my arms. “I—“

            I abruptly stopped when a sharp pain hit my head, causing me to stumble back.  An odd sound escaped my lips and all too quickly I noticed my vision turning black.  There were noises all around me but I couldn’t understand anything.  The pain only grew worse and even extended from the front of my head to the back.

            As my conscious was drained from me, I felt myself falling but strong warm arms wrapped around me.  I didn’t realize my eyes were squeezed shut until I painfully blinked them open to see a glimpse of Luhan’s handsome face before I was consumed by the darkness.

            -

            “How is she?”

            “She’s going to be fine, but she needs rest and alone time.  Her body can’t be stressed anymore.”

            “We can’t stay here?”

            “I’m sorry, but you’ll have to wait in the hallway. I’ll tell you if there are any changes.”

            I heard a sigh and the unfamiliar voice spoke out once again. “Alright.  Thank you doctor.” Multiple light footsteps followed after him and a few seconds afterwards, there was a click of a door.

            I took a deep breath, wincing at the pain that erupted in my head, but it quickly went away.  Opening my eyes, I met a darkly lit room that was only illuminated by tiny screens and one light bulb.  By my side, stood a tall pale skinned man with a strong jaw line and gelled back hair.  He was scribbling something down on a clipboard.  I opened my mouth to speak, but I stopped instantly.

            “It only grew worse, Hyori.  Did you forget to take your medication?” He whispered to me.  I frowned as he averted his eyes to me and gave me a serious expression.

            “I’ve been taking it every day after every meal like instructed.” I honestly told him.

            He only shook his head. “Your lifestyle is risky for this.  I’m sorry to say, but if you pursue your life as an idol, you won’t be alive for long.”

            “As long as I get to live doing my dream, I won’t mind dying.”

            “What about the people that love you?  Have you thought about them?”

            “People move on.” I mumbled. 

            “You’ve been passed out for eighteen hours, and Luhan hasn’t left your side once.  Neither has, what’s their name, Yixing and Kyungsoo.  Right now, they’re out in the hall, but I’m sure you already knew that?  Your heart rate changed so that told me you were awake.”