Paper Wads

"Watch where you're going!"

      Jungkook yelled at a scrawny kid who bumped into him. The hallways were crowded enough, he didn't need people crashing into him. The boy just stared at him before running away.

      At school, Jungkook was a jock. He was an athlete. A superstar. Everyone, well, almost everyone, loved him. Especially the girls.

He noticed a piece of paper fall from the scrawny kids binder and land on the floor. He picked it up and scanned over it. It was some weird shit about a... Fallen Angel? Jungkook just threw it behind him and continued walking. He didn't care.

      He made it to class just before the bell rang and sat down beside his friend, Jimin. They were probably the two best looking boy's in the school. Homecoming was coming up, and tons of girls had already asked them. They denied every single one.

A few moments after the bell rang, a boy came slouching through the door, making his way to the back of the room. It was Taehyung. Jungkook knew all about him. Hell, Jungkook was friends with him in middle school. Then, he became popular and left that boy in the dust. He felt a little ting of guilt when he though about it, and started to wonder about him. He wondered if he had any friends or if he was a complete loser.

His thoughts distracted him and he didn't even realize that his foot was sticking out right in the middle of the walkway. Taehyung came tumbling down over his leg, smacking his face on the floor as his binders dropped. Jungkook was just about to apologize when Jimin erupted in laughter. The whole class followed his lead. Everyone was laughing as Taehyung stumbled to his feet, shooting Jungkook a cold glare as he shuffled back to his desk.

      "Nice one," Jimin snickered, slapping Junkook on the shoulder. Jungkook looked back at Taehyung. He was sitting alone, crumbling paper in his hands and staring off into space. Then, their eyes met.

"Sorry," Jungkook mouthed to him, but Taehyung only sneered and threw the wad of paper at him. Big mistake.

      "Hey, don't throw things at my friend!" Jimin suddenly got up and made his way to Taehyung.

      "Wait, Jimin no!" Jungkook yelled once he realized what was going on. 'Where the hell is the teacher?!' he thought to himself as he heard a wince come from the back of the room.

      He looked back and saw Jimin grab Taehyung by the collar of his shirt. "Apologize! You pathetic piece of shit!" Jimin shouted. Taehyung remained still.

"Jimin, it's fine-"

"How's it fine?! He threw something at you! He's trying to step to you! Go ahead Jungkook, call him a loser. Tell him the truth about himself," Jimin growled, not letting go of the boy.

"I-I... It's fine Jimin. Really!"

"Say he's a loser. Call him a wimp since he won't apologize!"

Taehyung remained still. Though, there was something in his eyes. Something Jungkook hadn't noticed before. It was hope.

"Um... Just put him down. He-"

"Say it! Call him a pathetic loser-"

"I-"

"Say it!"

"Uh..."

"Jungkook!"

"But..."

"Jungkook!"

"You're a pathetic loser, Kim Taehyung! I wish you would... I wish you would die!" Jungkook screamed.

Jimin looked satisfied.

The hope in Taehyung's eyes seemed to melt away at those very words.

      Jungkook stared down at the floor as he heard a loud smack. He looked back one more time and saw Taehyung lying on the floor, rubbing his head.

      Once Jimin returned to his seat, everyone started talking about how great of a friend he was, for standing up for people. Jungkook didn't really see the incident as very "heroic," but he didn't say anything. He let Jimin bask in the attention.

      For the rest of class, Jungkook kicked the wad of paper around under his desk with his feet. He refused to turn around, again. He knew that he and Jimin were slowly sculpting a monster.