Photograph

The sound of silence filled Jimin's ears. He sat alone at the kitchen table, staring down blankly at his homework. His father was at work and his stepmother was getting her hair done. This was how it usually was for him. Quiet and lonely.

He decided to procrastinate his homework. Instead, he wanted to text Jungkook.

"Jungkook? R u there?"

"What?"

"I'm so done with school. It's stupid. I don't understand anything."

"Is it your dyslexia or your ADHD this time?"

Jimin paused before responding.

"Maybe both."

"Well, I haven't done any assignments yet. I've been feeling guilty all day today. And don't ask why. I don't feel like talking about it."

"Well shit, Jungkook. Now I'm curious. Why'd you even have to mention it if you won't talk about it?"

"Just shut up. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Whatever."

He loved Jungkook, of course. But sometimes, that kid could get on his nerves.

Jimin lived in the rich part of town. The upperclass area. It was all thanks to his parents. Well, mainly his dad. His stepmother didn't do anything other than spend money and pretend to care for him. He missed his real mom, and would do anything to see her again.

He headed up the stairs and into his bedroom. He was just about to take a nap when he saw a stack of books sitting on his desk.

He walked over to them and picked up the closest one. It was his 7th grade yearbook. He flipped it open as he plopped down on the edge of his bed.

After thumbing through numerous amounts of pages, he finally came across himself. He had glasses, braces, acne, and jet black hair. He snickered to himself when he saw the photo. Now, he had contacts, perfect teeth, a clear face, and dyed brown hair.

Back then, he hadn't met Jungkook. No, that was a year later. He was a lonely boy who was in the school band with a trumpet. Actually, take that back. He wasn't exactly lonely. He had a few good friends here and there, including this one kid named... Yoongi? He was in the band, as well. Always sulking in the back trying to hide his obvious bruises.

He hadn't talked to Yoongi since 8th grade. Hell, he didn't even know if the boy was still alive.

Jimin was just about to close the book when a picture caught his eye. It was of a brown haired boy with a scowl on his face. The boy looked as though he hadn't showered in a couple of days. He also looked beat up and scared. The name below the picture read,

"Kim Taehyung."

He ran his thumb over the picture, smoothing it out. Ah, Kim Taehyung. The boy who had been tripped by Jungkook hours before. The boy who was always alone. The boy who never smiled. Jimin began to think about him, and how well he blended in with the shadows.

      Taehyung had been in the band, as well. In fact, he still was. Jimin forgot what he played, but he remembered how dedicated Taehyung had been to that stupid class. He loved music, Jimin could tell.

       He didn't purposely target Taehyung as a punching bag to pick on, he just so happened to always be there at the wrong time. He was aware that he was mean to the boy. Frankly, he didn't care. If that boy disappeared from the face of the earth, Jimin's life wouldn't be affected. So why should he care?

      He grabbed a pair of scissors off his desk and began to cut out Taehyung's picture. Once he was done, he ripped a piece of tape off of the dispenser and taped it to his bedroom door. Jimin had absolutely no idea why he did that, but something was telling him that the boy would be important in the future. He just didn't know why, yet. People like him didn't just easily fall off the face of the earth. No, they usually went out with a bang.