Replacement

"I've been meaning to ask you something," Jimin remembered as he and Jungkook walked home.

"What?"

"Where were you this morning? I couldn't find you and you weren't answering your phone."

"Oh... I was in the library. I was dropping off this paper to that kid named Jin."

"Never heard of him."

"He's okay. Don't know him that well."

"Well, dropping of a paper doesn't take very long. Where were you the rest of the morning?"

"I was... Um... Talking to that Taehyung kid-"

Jimin stopped in his tracks.

"What? Why him? He's a loser, remember?"

"No, he's not. Don't say that. He's pretty cool if you actually try talking to him," Jungkook said defensively.

"Why are you defending him? You aren't friends with him, are you?"
Jimin asked. He could see sweat forming on Jungkook's forehead.

"N-No... He's just an acquaintance. That's all," the boy whispered. Jimin didn't believe him. He didn't know why, but jealousy was slowly rising in his chest. Why? How could he be jealous of someone like him? Like Taehyung? Maybe he wasn't jealous. Maybe he was just scared that Jungkook would leave him.

"P-Promise me that I'm still your number one?" Jimin asked, worried.

"Yes, Jimin. I promise that you're still my best friend. Nothing will change that, I promise. Don't worry," Jungkook said.

"Okay," but Jimin did worry. He didn't want his best friend to slip away from his grasp so easily.

"Swear that-"

"Damnit, Jimin! I swear I promise I cross my heart and I hope to die. No one will ever replace you. Now, quit being so paranoid," Jungkook exclaimed.

"I'm... Nevermind," Jimin sighed as they turned the corner, heading down a sidewalk that lead to a big neighborhood.

"I-I'll see you tomorrow, I guess," Jimin muttered.

"Okay," Jungkook whispered and paused for a second. He then turned to Jimin and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. "Bye," he sighed before running off.

Jimin froze.

"J-Jungkook, wait!" He called after the boy who was already gone. Jimin rubbed his blushing cheek, smiling as he walked home by himself.