Save Me

"Taehyung, are you okay?"

      Taehyung sat on the edge of Hoseok's bed, tears running down his face. Hoseok had never seen him so vulnerable. The boy looked up and quickly wiped away his tears. "I-I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure... Don't worry," Taehyung sniffled as Hoseok entered the room.

"If you say so," Hoseok muttered and sat down next to him. He stared at the boy's face as tears ran down his cheeks. Why was he crying? Something was obviously wrong.

"I-I... I can't do it anymore, Hobi," Taehyung whispered out of nowhere.

"What? Do what?"

"I can't do this anymore. I can't live anymore. P-Please kill me," Taehyung dug his hand into his coat pocket and pulled out the gun Hoseok had seen days before.

"W-What?! No! I'm not killing you Taehyung. Put it away," Hoseok suddenly became scared of what would happen next.

"Please, Hoseok! The world hates me, kill me, please!" Taehyung yelled, making Hoseok jump.

"I'm. Not. Killing. You. Okay? Is that clear?" Hoseok said slowly.

"F-Fine. If you won't kill me, then take this," Taehyung held out the gun to him. Hoseok raised his hands in surrender.

"No! Why? Why do you want me to take it?" He asked, slowly scooting away from the weapon presented to him.

"Take it away from me. If I don't get rid of it, I'll probably do something crazy. Please just take it. Save me," Taehyung's voice broke. Hoseok just stared at it. He didn't want it. He didn't want a killing machine. But at the same time, he didn't want to lose his best friend.

"I-I..." Hoseok stuck out his hand as if he were going to grab the weapon, and in that moment, Taehyung's eyes seemed to light up. But Hoseok found himself pulling his hand back, and as he did so, all hope drained from the other boy's face.

"I can't, Taehyung. I'm sorry. I love you, but I can't."

Taehyung just stayed silent. Then, he began to speak in a low, shaky whisper.

"This... This thing. This weapon, has been tormenting my mind ever since I got it. I tried to get rid of it. I tried to sell it. Throw it out the window. Forget about it. But I always find myself coming back to it. It won't leave me alone. What do I do? It's only a matter of time before..." His voice trailed off.

"I don't want it, Taehyung. I'm sorry. Please don't do anything crazy, okay?" Hoseok asked as tears flooded his own vision. He felt bad that he was never there for his friend, especially when he needed him the most. He felt guilty. This was his chance to repay him. All he had to do was take the gun.

"I thought... I thought I could trust you. I thought you'd have my back and be there for me. I guess I was wrong," Taehyung sneered, which caught Hoseok off guard.

"Wait, where are you going?" Hoseok asked once the boy got up and headed to the door. The gun was still in his hand.

"I don't know. I just need time alone." He growled as he stepped into the hall. Hoseok followed behind him.

"Wait, your leaving me?"

"How can I leave someone who was never there for me?" Taehyung muttered as he opened the front door. Hoseok looked him in his teary eyes.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me," Hoseok whispered as tears rolled down both boy's cheeks.

"I forgive you, Hoseok..." Taehyung said as he looked up at the sky. It was dark outside, yet there were no stars winking down at them this time. No, just black clouds.

"All you have to do is take the gun. That's all you have to do to save me. To make things okay," Taehyung said through clenched teeth.

"I-"

      Hoseok didn't have time to finish his sentence. Taehyung had run off, disappearing into the darkness. Thousands of tears fell from Hoseoks eyes as he let out quiet, muffled sobs. He found himself staring at the spot where Taehyung had disappeared.

"I will... I'll take it," he whispered, finishing his sentence. Talking to the boy who wasn't there. Who was gone. He closed the door and let the silence fill his ears.