Murderer

Jimin was running around the empty halls, screaming Jungkook's name. He had just received a text from the school announcing that there was a weapon on campus, and that everyone should take shelter. Jimin didn't care about shelter. He needed to find Jungkook first.

He took a break at a bench, checking his phone, catching his breath. The lockdown was still in place. He texted Jungkook one? Two? No, five hundred times to make sure he was okay. He hadn't responded to any.

'This is all Taehyung's fault isn't it! That son of a bitch told me I would regret it! I should have listened,' Jimin thought to himself as he continued searching.

After five more minutes of running around, Jimin turned a corner and saw his friend. Jungkook stood with his back turned towards him. Relief filled his body and his mind began to relax.

"Jungkook! Jungkook!"

The boy turned around. He seemed to have tears in his eyes, looking like a little child who had lost his parents in a grocery store. Though, once he saw Jimin, his eyes lit up and a smile formed on his face. Jimin ran towards him.

"Why the hell haven't you texted me back?!" Jimin shouted after giving Jungkook a big hug and a kiss on the lips.

"I left my phone at home. I was wandering around the halls and I found it odd that no one was here. Then, I heard gunshots," Jungkook retold as Jimin wiped away his tears. "You're safe now," Jimin whispered with a smile.

"I know."

They hugged for three minutes straight.

"Let's go to the gym. I think that's where everyone else-"

"Jimin, watch out!"

The sound of a gunshot filled the quiet hallway.

      Jimin froze, clenching his eyes shut. He expected to feel a searing pain in his body. He expected to feel warm blood trickle down his back. He expected to hear screaming. But no, none of that happened.

      He slowly opened his eyes and looked around. A few feet in front of him, he saw an all too familiar brown haired boy pointing a gun at him and smiling. Shaking, Jimin slowly looked down.

      There was Jungkook. Lying on the floor. Covered in blood. He wasn't dead. Yet. His body was shaking and his eyes blinked away tears. Jimin seemed to lose his breath as he fell to his knees next to the boy.

"Jungkook? Jungkook?!"

      The boy looked like he wanted to say something, but it seemed as though he couldn't find the right words. So he didn't say anything. Jimin let tears fall as sobs escaped his mouth.

'This wasn't supposed to happen. It wasn't supposed to end this way. We we're supposed to be stars together. Grow up together. Die together. It's too early. You can't be gone. Not yet.'

      Jimin wiped away the dead boy's tears.

      He as well didn't know what to say. Silence was his only option. He stroked the boy's hair until he lost feeling in his fingers. He let his body go numb. Carefully, he planted one last kiss on the boy's forehead before breaking down completely.

      Suddenly, a piece of paper landed on the floor next to him. He heard footsteps run around the corner, the sound of them getting farther every second.

    Jimin slowly picked up the paper in shaking hands. He knew it was from Taehyung. He knew that this was how the boy got his revenge. He knew it. But frankly, he didn't care. He didn't have the strength to get up and chase after him. No, he would stay with Jungkook until all of this was over. He couldn't so easily leave his best friend. Even if his friend was gone.

      Jimin flipped the torn piece of paper over. It read a few simple words that made sadness turn to boiling rage.

"I told you you'd regret it.
You killed him, Jimin. Not me."

A single gunshot sounded in the distance.