Regret

Jimin stared at the flowers next to the grave. He ran his fingers over the smooth headstone as tears filled his eyes. It wasn't supposed to end like this. Not even close. Jimin sighed as he buried his face in his hands. He sat next to the grave, mourning his best friend.

      Jimin didn't even hate Taehyung anymore. What was the point? What was the point of hating someone who was dead? Who couldn't even hear anymore? Jimin started thinking. Thinking too much.

      He regretted it. Not taking the gun while he still had the chance. He fucking regretted it so bad that it hurt. It was true. He had killed Jungkook, Taehyung had not. He was a murderer, and he was weeping at his victim's grave.

      If he could apologize a trillion times, he would do so. He would apologize to Jungkook and no one else. Because Jungkook didn't deserve to die. No, Jimin did. Jungkook was kind. Caring. Innocent. And okay. Jimin wasn't. He was none of those things. He deserved to die.

      If he could switch places with Jungkook, he would do it in the blink of an eye.

      Jimin took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He laid back next to his best friend's grave and slept. He didn't leave until a day later. He couldn't let go that easily. He couldn't let go so soon.

He stared at the headstone, reading the words engraved on it over and over again. They made sense to Jimin. Too much sense. Jungkook had saved him, Jungkook was his hero.

Jeon Jungkook

"Hero."