Touchdown

His heels dug into the soft dirt as he felt himself being pushed back by a muscular figure. He fought back. He had to defend his teammates. He had to defend the ball. He watched out of the corner of his eye as #4 sped past him, chasing the flying ball.

There he goes. There's Jungkook-

      His thoughts were cut off by the muscular figure slamming him to the ground. Somewhere in the distance, a whistle blew and a crowd cheered. The cheers quickly died down though, for some odd reason.

      Jimin hastily got to his feet and looked around. The crowds were still. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath, waiting. Waiting for what? The tall lights above shone down onto the stadium. Onto Jimin. He felt like a star.

      He snapped out of his imagination and continued to looked around. Where was Jungkook? He turned around and saw a boy lying, unmoving on the ground. There were people surrounding him. It was a hurt player.

      Jimin quickly assumed the kneeling position. It's what players do when another gets hurt. There was an ambulance pulling up to the field. A stretcher was laid out and a body was hoisted up onto it. Jimin was finally able to read to number of the fallen player. #4.

      Jimin's heart dropped in his chest. Jungkook never got hurt. Ever. He was their star player. Their quarterback. Their lucky charm. How did he get hurt? Was he okay? Was he still alive?

      Jimin fought the urge of wanting to run over to his best friend and see if he was okay. He remained kneeling. Another whistle blew and the players got up, running over to the sidelines. Jimin saw the ambulance speed away as the crowds began to speak in low whispers. What were they supposed to do without a quarterback?

      Jimin took a long sip of water from the cooler. He looked around, scanning the crowd with his eyes.

       He almost spat out his water at the sight of a boy. A brown haired boy who was standing by the fence of the field. Standing near the spot where Jungkook had fallen. It was him. And he was just standing there with a devilish grin on his face as if he had planned the whole injury. Jimin wanted to run over and sock him right in the nose. And he would've, if the coach hadn't blown the whistle calling for a team huddle.

      They had a new game plan. Another player would fill in for Jungkook. Everyone groaned at the plan. No one could replace their star quarterback. But, they really had no other option.

      Hesitantly, everyone agreed with the foolish idea. The huddle broke apart at the sound of a whistle. The crowd cheered as if everything were okay, even though it wasn't.

      For the rest of the game, Jimin's eyes kept peering over at the sidelines. At the boy who's evil grin seemed permanent. He spat on the ground every time he saw him. He wanted to make him pay. Pay for smiling at a time like this. At a time where his best friend could be dead.