Promise

"You need to relax a bit if you ask me."

      Namjoon looked around for the source of the sudden noise. His eyes quickly met Taehyung's, who was standing behind him. Namjoon shut his locker with a grunt.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if you ask me, you seem to care too much about unimportant things. Like school, for instance. Just sit back and chill and let life take you where it does. You only live once, you know. And I wouldn't want to look back on my life seeing myself as some tense nerd who didn't have time for fun-"

"Look. Grades are everything to me. And so is intelligence. It may not be that way for you, but not everyone is the same, okay?"

"Tell me something I don't know," Taehyung muttered. "Fine. Be a lame know-it-all for the rest of your life. Your decisions don't affect me. Just trying to give you advice."

"I don't need advice right now, but thanks anyways," Namjoon sighed. He was slowly becoming more comfortable around the boy. He didn't stutter or feel shy anymore. He was sort of used to his presence, now.

"Do me a favor though," Taehyung continued. Namjoon turned to face him.

"What?"

"Say that... I die before you. Well, if that happens... Promise me you'll loosen up a bit and have fun? Promise me that you'll do everything you've ever imagined? Promise me that you won't give two shits about grades or what people think of you? Because life is short and all that crap won't matter when you're old. Listen, it's all about the memories and good times, okay? Promise me?" Taehyung smiled.

     Namjoon was speechless. Why exactly did Taehyung want all this stuff from him? That was a lot to promise too, though, Namjoon only had to keep the promises if Taehyung died before him. After thinking for a few seconds, Namjoon shook the boy's hand.

"Okay, deal."

"Good. Just looking out for you," Taehyung said as he darted off around the corner. The bell rang. Great, now I'm late. Namjoon thought to himself as he sped down the halls.