Tap

"Done."

      Namjoon set down his pencil and leaned back in his chair. He had finished the history test in under five minutes. New record. He looked around, gazing at all the struggling students around him. He wanted to help them, but knew he would get in trouble if he left his seat. He began to tap his pencil on the edge of his desk.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap tap.

Tap tap tap tap tap.

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

Tap-

      "Can you please fucking stop?!" The kid whisper yelled behind him. Namjoon spun around and looked the boy in the eyes. The kid had messy brown hair and dark circles around his tired brown eyes.

      "Oh, sorry," Namjoon sighed. The boy huffed and sat back in his chair, as well. Was he done, too? Namjoon stole a glance at the kids paper. It was blank. The timer on the board said that there were only three minutes left until time was up. Namjoon began to worry for the boy.

"Hey, there's only three minutes left. You should really start writing."

"Shut up and mind your own business, okay? Maybe I'm not as smart as you."

Namjoon was caught off guard by the sudden hostility.

"Sorry. I'm just worried about you. I don't know you, but I don't want to you fail."

The boys expression seemed to soften when Namjoon said he was worried. This time, they were both caught off guard.

"Y-You shouldn't worry about me. I'm not worth it. As depressing as it sounds, don't waste your precious time and emotions on me. I could care less about grades and shit."

"Okay... If you say so," Namjoon whispered. He turned back around and stared at the wall in front of him. He didn't know why, but he felt as though if he tried, he could become friends with the kid. They both seemed like they needed someone, anyways.

      Shortly after, the bell rang and Namjoon gathered up his stuff. He slung his backpack over his shoulder but stopped when he made eye contact with the brunette. He wanted to get to know him. Now was his chance.

"I'm Namjoon, by the way. What's your name?"

"Taehyung..." The boy said awkwardly before speed walking out of the room.

Namjoon felt his cheeks turn red as he slowly followed behind.