S e v e n t e e n

"But-" Chat gave up on his words.

"No buts. Besides, people have to earn your trust." Marinette narrowed her eyes at Chat. "Also, since your a bandit, I could easily call my police station and throw you into jail."

"Yes, I know." Chat rolled his eyes and mumbled.

"Alright, now follow me." Marinette lead him out of the door of his lair. Marinette and him raced across town into the only abandoned alleyway in the city.

"We will start here. First you have to learn flexibility or combat. Here like this." Marinette leaped onto misplaced cemented bricks sticking out of the wall.

They were all like stairs, leading Marinette up higher and higher. Finally, she reached on top of the building and gave thumbs up to Chat.

"You can go now!" She yelled down to him. Chat gave a nod, and started to go for it.

Chat leaped onto each misplaced cemented bricks sticking out with grace. It seemed so... simple to him.

Once he got midway up the bricks, he then started to get unconfident of himself. The bricks were now more spaced out and higher.

Chat looked down and let a low squeak out. But, this could be a real life situation. Anything is possible.

Chat went swiftly this time, trying not to look down. He closed his eyes, and let the breeze take him away.

"That's it, Chat!" Marinette smiled and clapped. Chat's confident was boosted by those words as he went faster.

Chat had finally reached the top, but suddenly he lost his balance and fell off the tip of the brick stairs. Marinette gasped as she leaped down before him, and in the nick of time, caught him.

Chat opened one eye and looked up to see Marinette holding him. Chat honestly didn't know what to say.

"Uh..." Chat said awkwardly while blushing. Marinette shook her head furiously blushing and then dropped him to the ground.

"Oh shoot, I'm so sorry!" Marinette squeaked. Chat chuckled and shrugged it off.

"It's fine, Princess."

"Alright then." Marinette grabbed his wrist and dragged him along to another area of the small alleyway.

"I'll give you guns to shoot with. This is for accuracy." Marinette handed him four guns.

Fortunately for them, there was already a practice target. Chat concentrated hard, as he first started off with pistols. After he at least shot five pistols, he hit the middle of the target.

Marinette applauded him, and gave him a wink this time. Chat then felt more motivated to shoot, and started to blush every time he succeeded a task.

Once Chat had hit the bullseye with every gun, the sun slowly started to rise. Marinette yawned and her eyes were droopy.

Marinette fell into Chat's arms and immediately went to sleep. Chat smiled and kissed her cheek and carried her like a baby all the way back to his lair.

He placed her down onto one of his couches, and smiled down at her. Chat pushed strands of hair back behind her ear, and looked at her stunning earrings.

"I wish you knew, how great of a team we would be. Unfortunately, all dreams can't come true."