T w e n t y - O n e

"W-What....?" Chat questioned, horrified.

Marinette nodded, trying not to shed tears. "Yeah.... You heard me..... Didn't you...?"

"I did hear you indeed, M'Lady." Chat nodded. "I understand if you don't want to talk about this right now, but could you please tell me more about your father?"

"Of course." Marinette nodded. She glanced back into the fire for a second. Marinette beckoned Chat to sit on the cement with her.

"I was five years old." Marinette closed her eyes and imagined herself when she was five.

"I was at home. My father and my sister, Bridgette, had to go somewhere."

"Mommy, I just figured out what I'm gonna be when I grow up!" Young Marinette squeaked as she jumped up and down excitedly around her mother.

Sabine chuckled. "Well, what is it?" Young Marinette then showed her the picture of her as a police officer.

"Oh, that's lovely, sweetheart." Sabine said with a smile while putting away dishes. Young Marinette ran up into her room and started to hang up her masterpiece on her wall.

Sabine flinched when suddenly the phone rang. She picked it up, recovering from her flinch. "Hello?"

"S-Sabine... I-I need to T-Tell you something... S-Something important..."

Young Marinette squealed happily as her masterpiece was successfully hung up. She took a picture with it with her classy camera. Now, she had to show it to her mother.

Young Marinette opened her trap door and sprinted down stairs. "Mommy! Come see my drawing I hung-" She paused to see her mother's horrified face.

"M-Mommy.....?" Young Marinette asked worriedly.

Sabine slowly put down the phone, tears welling up in her eyes. "Turn on the T-TV..."

"That's all I remembered. What all I saw on TV, was wide spread news about the death of my only sister and father."

Chat wanted to cry and hug Marinette. He had felt so bad for her.

"But.... Why do you think my father killed yours?" Chat still had that question in mind.

"The looks, that evil smirk, its obvious!" Marinette threw her hands up in the air and cried.

"Oh." Chat froze. Before Marinette and him could walk home, Chat stopped Marinette. To ask her another question, of course.

"-Also, one more thing." Marinette turned her head to face the curious cat.

"Hmm? What is it, Chat?"

"How do you know, that Bridgette isn't still alive? What's your proof, little lady?"

"You mean....? She could be alive....?" Marinette was confused. Chat nodded.

"Don't worry, I'll have Ladybug explain it when we get home." Chat flashed her a smile.

Marinette nodded, and focused on the road up ahead of them.

Chat's Lair.....

Ladybug had heard a knock on the door. She quickly put on her mask and opened it.

"Oh, hey guys." She said cooly. "I was getting worried you were dead or something, heh."

Marinette rolled her eyes while Chat snickered. "Oh Bri- I mean Ladybug." Chat laughed.

Chat then leaned and whispered into Ladybug's ear. "Mari wants to talk to you."

Ladybug was now nervous.

Did her sister find out her secret?