15

I starting singing one of my songs 'Too Late.'  It's about my dad who passed away.  Whenever I sing it, I can't control my emotions.

"It was too late to say goodbye-" I tried finishing what I was singing, but the tears took over my body.

I was paralyzed.  The room was spinning around me, and I couldn't keep my balance.  My vision was blank.  I couldn't visualize anything, and the next thing I remember I was sitting backstage on the couch.

"What the hell just happened?" I curiously asked while rubbing my eyes

"You passed out." Scooter simply stated while watching Justin from backstage

As a young child, I was never able to control my emotions.  When I was in the second grade my best friend, Zoe, passed away.  She got diagnosed with leukemia and had to get removed from school.  She was in intense care for months, and she didn't make it.  They proceded many surgeries on her, but none of them were successful. I was her only friend, the only person she could talk too.  I felt like I let her down.  No matter what I did, I felt like I was never a good enough friend for her.

Everyday after school my mother would drive me to the hospital to see her.  Sometimes I would even sleep there and miss school the next day because they said that she might not make it.  I wanted to be there when she passed away, but I wasn't. 

After all of that, controlling my emotions has been always something I struggled with.  My body can't function with the stress and thoughts I put on myself, so it just shuts down until I cant collect myself.

I waited on the couch for the concert to end.  I knew that what just happened would rise questions with Justin.  I never liked talking about it, and I didn't plan on talking about it anytime soon either.

"Hey Liz, are you okay? What happened out there?" he asked

"I don't really know, but I'm fine." I reluctantly answered while smiling

"I think you should get checked out.  You petrified me." Justin's hazel eyes stared into my blue eyes

"No, really. I'm fine." I lied

After I kept begging for Justin to let the whole situation be, he finally stopped pleading for me to go to the hospital.  I didn't want to go, because I already knew exactly what they would tell me.  

We made it to the hotel and Justin didn't let me do anything.  He wouldn't let me get up and get a water bottle, but I knew he was just trying to protect me.

After a few hours of sitting on the couch and watching television, I was exhausted.  If I wanted to preform at the show tomorrow, I would need a lot of rest.

"Justin, I'm tired," I complained.

He held my hand and led me into the bedroom.  He lightly placed me down on the bed and tucked me in, just as my dad used to.

-Flashback-

"Goodnight sweety, I love you so much."

"No daddy!  I want to hear a story!" I exclaimed

"Okay, but I first you need to close your eyes.  Once upon a time there was a princess by the name Liz.   She was the most beautiful young woman in the whole wide world.  She would sit on her throne and rule the entire world.  Her bestfriend, Zoe, would frollick through the flowers with her.  They both found their prince charmings and would live happily ever after," he paused

"How was that?" he asked

He looked at me and I was already sleeping.  He kissed my forehead and let me sleep.