Fall of Destiny: Day Five

The office was ruined when she arrived early that morn on the fourth day.  Her mind wondered how anyone could operate in such a place.  Papers were scattered everywhere as there seemed to be no order to the chaos.  This sty was Lowery’s office and it resided solely in his former bedroom.

            The task Helen was assigned was simple, but finding the proper folder that corresponded to the current case was anything but.  He lived like a fat disgusting pig.  She thought the pay would be decent, but no amount of money was worth swimming through this sty.  “Lowery,” she roared.  “You’re a dead man if I ever survive!”

            The vast red space was spotless once again when he arrived home nearly two hours later.  He was astonished that the clutter had been handled with such care.  As he inspected the room he noticed the notes upon his desk.  “For your eyes only,” the paper read.

            “I’ve taken the liberty to handle Kit’s transfer with care, as well as left an open slot for Melody if you so please.  Call me when you get this.”  His hands quickly scrolled the long list of names until he stumbled upon hers.  When he pressed send the phone pulsed in his ear until he heard, “Hello.” 

            “Good morning,” he cheerfully remarked.

            “Is everything alright?”

            “Yeah…I’ll be at school later today, step three has to be implemented or else everything will fail.”

            “I know, but at least the preparations are set thanks to my help.”

            “This is true; however where did you move the big black box I had?”

            “You mean the box full of gifts and invites from Peter?”

            “I wanted to burn every single shred,” he roared.

            She couldn’t contain the laughter as it poured through the phone, “Lowery despite all the hatred towards Peter, you still care.”

            His face curled as the thought of such an act sickened him.  “The only reason I kept those was because of Ben and Kara.  However I have decided to not let them rule my decisions on my brother any longer, which is why I wanted them destroyed.”

            “Yeah right,” she chuckled.  “You love your brother or else you would’ve done something a long time ago.”

            His eyes flared as he groaned, “Like hell!”

            “Fine then…,” she moaned in return.  “They’ve been organized.  I kept some of the larger items within the box and stored it downstairs in your basement.  And the rest is upstairs placed in various spots, but that’s the old stuff.  The recent items are in the top drawer of your desk.”

            He stormed across the floor until he reached the dark table he called his own.  The drawers were filled with various items, and in the top were Peter’s items.  He groaned before he raised the three tickets from pocket.  His mind blazed as he inspected the date and a wide grin formed afterwards.

            “Ms. Vick,” he began.  “I have the final day in mind now.”

            Curious about his words she asked, “And that is?”

            His words stunned her at first, but she calmly agreed to them once she understood his reasons.  The last day was set, and now she waited for the proper time before she did her part.  “Lowery...,” she whispered.