Fall of Destiny: Day Two Point Five

The rest of the time at school seemed smooth, though Lowery’s incessant time spent on his phone drove him berserk.  Emails kept coming in each second from either Anna or Helen, and he wanted to scream.  His fingers were ablaze as he wrote, “You’re starting to irk me.”

            The drive home was dead silent and because of this Destiny worried for him.  She feared he was doing too much, but it wasn’t her place to say since he was the one in charge and not her.  So she stayed quiet until the long car ride was completed.

            The night slowly crept in as she sat her old wooden desk.  And after she was done the homework her head lifted and her gaze turned to Lowery.  He stayed silent on her bed as he peacefully read the tiny red book.  The thought sleeping in the same bed again worried her.  “Do we have to share the same bed,” she asked.

            He promptly closed the book and bluntly remarked, “No, I have another hammock.  But you have to promise not to rip it, or else we’ll be stuck here in this bed until our time is over.”

            The thought of another night with him in the same bed terrified her, so she nodded in agreement to his terms and added a few of her own.  “I promise not to rip your hammock if you promise to replace the clothes you destroyed.”

            He thought it over and added one last requirement, “I’ll agree to your terms, but you have to help me set up the hammock.”  She nodded in agreement.  “Alright follow me,” he said as he began to lead her downstairs to get the spare out of his sack.  After the hammock was removed they headed back upstairs and began the process.

            Lowery’s hammock was probably the worst hammock in all history as he kept getting tangled in the cords.  Destiny could only laugh at the sight, and he fumed because of it.  He had enough of the farce, but Destiny couldn’t allow that so she took charge.

            “So when are you going to take me to the mall,” she asked as she nimbly worked.

            “We’ll go tonight,” he groaned.  “This is going to be a long day and I know it.”

            She giggled at his stress, “Don’t worry you get to spend it with your favorite patient.”

            The fire in his eyes erupted after her words and his response did same.  “You are not my favorite!  Annoying girl, you irk me to no degree!  But a job is a job.”

            “You didn’t have to accept.”

            “I know,” he sighed.  “I never do, but I always try.  Some fail and others pass, but that decision has always been their own.”

            “So why do you do it then?”

            “I used to be popular just like you.”

            “Because of Peter right?”

            “Yeah,” he sighed.  “Everyone assumed because my brother was a super-star during his tenure at Farrow High that I’d be just like him.  But I wasn’t.  That was the only reason Melody and I dated.  But once I fell she left me and the friends I had gained did the same.”

            “Sorry I never knew.”

            “No one does honestly.  I lasted all of one month in popularity before I came crashing down.  It was tough to stand properly without a support system.  And thus I became the first patient of my five day crash course.”