Delusions of Eden: Day Two

Silence was intended when the agonizing ceremony began at the old oak tree.  But such an action was impossible as each memory flooded into their forethought.  The fallen faces were too much for Margo to bear as her eyes filled until the water spilled vividly down her warm cheeks.

            The route had been difficult, but saying farewell was far more problematic to Margo’s fragile mind.  Though she had tried to conceal the discomfort for so long it was impossible to do so as each tear fell.  Gradually the time slipped away as the tears were released in full, and once they were she took her leave of the painful site.

            Though the thought of fleeing from this horrid world constantly haunted her psyche she couldn’t.  This was where she belonged.  Despite the constant grief with another died this was the only place that was appropriate in her jumbled mind.

            Again she felt the strong hold on her body as the energy began to drain, until she slowly sank beside the huge and beautiful redwood.  The strands slumped when her head lowered from the approaching slumber.  Even though she craved to stay she couldn’t as she drifted away into the deep rest.

            Once more she returned the pastel surroundings, while the internal complaints gradually boiled to their max until she laid eyes onto Lowery.  To her wise eyes it was obvious that he hadn’t left since their last encounter.  Slowly each chomp was made to the black pen, until his eyes widened at the sight of her return.  “Welcome back,” he fiendishly grinned.

            The response was immediate as her eyes gleamed with fury.  She craved to swear endlessly at him, but the mask kept her foul intentions at bay.  Gradually his curiosity piqued while she struggled against the restraints upon her flesh.

            “Do you want to say something,” he firmly asked to which there a simple nod in response.  Like earlier, he knocked upon the hard steel door as the sound echoed throughout the entire room.  After the racket ceased another guard appeared.  His face was dark like Foreman and full of wrinkles, but his strands of gray upon his head accented the evil glare from his deep brown eyes.  “Remove her mask only,” Lowery whispered into the man’s ear.

            Once the mask was cautiously removed from her face she quickly gasped at the foul air that lingered within this horrid room.  The taste wasn’t one she preferred honestly as the oil and bleach lifted deeper into her lungs with each breath.  The scent of the cheap cleaning supplies was just as bad, but none of that mattered as she drew her final pants.

            “So Miss Holt, what is your age,” Lowery quickly asked once the guard had left.

            “Thirty four,” she fired.

            “Good.  So do you know why you’re here?”  The old ginger locks swayed as the confusion took hold of Margo.  Instantly a frown formed on his seasoned face.  But despite the internal complaints that were boiling within he stayed silent and moved onto the next query.

            “What is this place to you?”

            “Hell,” she bit.

            Again the frown returned until the hard words were swiftly written upon the notepad.  “Why do you always insist on making my job difficult?”

            “Because you don’t seem to get the sheer fact that this is all a dream, and if I wanted to then you’d be a clown right now,” she snapped.

            His interest was piqued though the pen strokes continued forward.  “So you claim that you have this amazing power then why not proceed with it now?”