Delusions of Eden: Day One

“Where am I,” she pondered as she rose once again in this room filled with endless white.  “This dream again,” her mind raced as she took a look around like usual.  She was completely bound and this included her mouth as well.  She despised this place that thoughts of escape filled her auburn head, but she couldn’t.

            This was hell.  Her mind couldn’t panic; no she restrained the fear and struggled to awaken from this horrid nightmare trapped within solitary.  This was unbearable and she craved an escape.  So she cleared her mind after a deep breath and remembered the place she called her own as she forced her mind to reawaken there.

            Normalcy returned as she awoken to the remainder of her friends all around.  Their patient eyes observed and guarded her.  Jase was the first in her line of view.  His face was young and tender that it was a cheerful sight to her weary eyes.

            “Welcome back,” he remarked.

            “Thanks.  How long was I out this time,” she queried.

            His face was full worry as he nervously responded, “Four hours.”

            Polly’s worry rose as she quickly exclaimed, “Josie’s dead!”

            The worry set in as Margo’s face turned pale at the grave thought of Josie’s death rang throughout.  She worried and bit her lip several times as the thought sank deeper into her psyche.  She couldn’t handle this turn of events so she remarked, “Is anyone else missing?”

            Jase’s head swayed back and forth as he remarked, “There’s no one else, just the few who vanished from before.”  Her head lowered as the memories rushed in anew.  This turn of events was excruciating to them all.

            Polly’s body trembled to and fro as tension swelled to its max until she popped and remarked, “I can’t take it anymore!”  Her unease only added fuel to the raging fire as the others began to feel discomfort as well.

            “Calm down,” Arty quickly remarked.  He was their voice of reasoning and that was exactly what they needed in this grave situation before them.  There were countless lives that had been taken due to that evil that lurked behind them.

            The darkness was its domain as it carefully awaited another victim to fall within its grasp.  They understood it was still out there.  Still waiting for another of their group to fall, and because of that nonstop anxiety they were driven into insanity from the fear.

            “We have to keep going,” Nancy fearfully cried.

            “I don’t want to.  I think we should all just die,” Oliver wailed as usual.

            He was a flawed man who always assumed the worst was just around the bend.  Margo had always thought someone like him should’ve fallen long ago.  Yet he was a lucky son of a bitch in her eyes, since he could run like the wind despite his constant fear.

            This was their group.  In the past there were at least thirty to forty members, however those days had passed.  The days when peace ruled still ruled over this land, before the path had formed.

            Once the path had formed each of their fates had been sealed.  Only six remained nowadays.  Jase, Polly, Nancy, Oliver, Arty, and Margo herself were the only ones that had survived thus far.

            While their minds raced with the grim possibilities the darkness slowly crept forward.  Jase’s young eyes were the first to notice the shadow drawing towards them.  So he swiftly leapt in fear and screamed, “It’s getting closer!”