Fall of Destiny: Day Zero

In dedication to Moonfire1777: Thanks for giving me the inspiration to touch upon this subject.

            Her room was dark and she was totally alone as the glare from bright laptop screen reflected in her beautiful green eyes.  “Please explain why it is you need help adjusting to normal school life.”  Her mind spun as the possibilities of what to enter arose.

            The task before her was simple; however the answer she thought of was complicated.  Her mind was ablaze when she finally found the confidence to write, and her fingers did same as the words flowed into the field before her.

            “My name is Destiny Mallow and I am a tranny,” were the words that began the message.  She frantically wanted to erase what she had written and let the waterworks pour.  The result she had found herself at was difficult, but despite that complication she typed her entire story into the field.

            “My name is Destiny Mallow.  Formerly Dustin Mallow and I am a transgendered girl.  For the past four years I had been successful at keeping up this elaborate lie that I had always been a girl.  It wasn’t like most would believe that I, the beautiful captain of the cheerleaders, was really a male.

            “However, someone knew and it because of them everyone else knew too.  Her father was the one who had helped me through the transition period.  He helped me transform from Dustin, the shy gay boy from Parkway, Massachusetts into Destiny.  And because of the change I had a new lease on life.  Yet those were better times, long before everyone learned of my deep dark secret.

            “Honestly I never wanted anyone to learn about my past, because it was embarrassing.  No one in Farrow was ever supposed to know about my true history.  However they did know as of now, and because of it I am unsure of how to go on.

            “I tried committing suicide, and that didn’t go so well.  My only friend left thwarted my attempts, and for that I wasn’t entirely thankful.  I wanted to die.  I hated being treated like a monster and a freak each and every day I left the safety of my home.

            “However there was at least one bright point and that was the only friend I had left.  Her name was Helen.  And she was probably the only true friend I had for these past four years.

            “She was a band geek, an incredible clarinetist, a fantastic dancer, and a compass whenever things got too tough.  And at a time like this I definitely needed my compass to guide me through the layers of sadness I felt and hatred thrown at me.  I knew telling her everything was a safe bet once the blackmail drove me into insanity.

            “I despised Kit for those three months of pure hell and worry due to the blackmail.  She did all this because she desired the same popularity I had.  However if there were other intentions behind the blackmail then I was left in the dark.  But I knew one thing for sure that she was steadily growing closer to my former friend Melody.  And this continued until Melody began to commune more with Kit than with me.

            “It’s a shame she overheard me revealing my secret to Helen.  And it hurt when she told the person responsible for the blackmail about my situation.  And the final nail in my coffin was the school news weekly podcast came out.

            “The podcast spread like wildfire as the main topic was ‘Local cheerleading star revealed to be a tranny.’  Those words infuriated me, yet my own anger was nothing compared to the hatred and ignorance I would be met with.

            “All of my friends hated me from then on.  My boyfriend refused to speak to me.  Most of all the teachers along with the rest of the student body viewed me as a monster and a freak.