Memories-Jack Barakat

I picked up the last stack of pictures. They were from high school. I quickly flipped through them and looked at the picture of me and Jack Barakat kissing. He was my first kiss, not only that, but my first time. It was our senior year of high school and we had sex. It wasn't my idea. But Jack said we were fine.. But then I got pregnant and he left me. I looked at my baby girl, Phoenix. 

"Hun, i'll be back." I spoke out looking into her dark brown eyes.

"Okay, mummy. I'll have nanny come over." She said to me, she never wanted to be alone. I slowly put the pictures away.

"And mummy, where's daddy?" Phoenix said looking at me in my eyes. Soon, they began to water.

"I-I don't know. H-he's somewhere." I said as a stray tear slipped out of my eyes. I quickly slipped my shoes on and ran out of the house. Slamming the door behind me. More tears fell down my face. I got into my car as quick as I could. Driving recklessly to my destination. 

I looked at the old abandoned house. It looked exactly the same, me and Jack came here and just sat and talked for ages. I walked into the house, I could still smell the sent of sex. Every memory crept into my head. Did I miss him? Yes I missed him. I always look and Phoenix and wonder, "What if you weren't born?" wondering if I'd still have Jack. But I don't bring those thoughts to my mind. Phoenix makes me happy.. And right now, she's the only thing keeping me alive-- Suddenly two arms wrapped around my waist. I jumped and turned around, my eyes landing on a man.. Named Jack Barakat. 

"Oh my god! It's you!" He screamed. Of course he forgot my name...

"Yeah, it's me Jack." I said letting out a sarcastic sigh.

"How are you and your baby?" Jack said. 

"Good. She just turned 6." I said looking down, fiddling with my thumbs.

"Can I see her?" He asked me slowly. I didn't know if I wanted Phoenix to meet her father, and have him leave once again. She'd be heartbroken. 

"Sure.." I said taking a moment to find the correct word. He smiled his cheeky grin, grabbing my hand and he quickly pulled me to his car. A frown was plastured on my face.

"What's wrong, beautiful?" He said, I shuttered.

"Nothing.." I said. 

"I heard you're a singer. Care to sing me a song?" Jack said rubbing me hand as he started the car. I slowly nodded.

"I'm a wanderess I'm a one night stand Don't belong to no city Don't belong to no man I'm the violence in the pouring rain I'm a hurricane" I slowly sang. 

"That was amazing." Jack said. I looked out my window, we were nearing my house. Once we arrived I quickly got out. No one else was at the house. My mind blanked. Was Phoenix okay? I quickly ran into my house. 

"Phoenix?!" I called out.

"Yes, mummy?" Phoenix said.

"Thank god, you're okay!" I said. Jack walked over to Phoenix. I gulped. How would she react..?

"Hi, Phoenix. I'm your father.." Jack said, with a fake smile.

"Daddy..?" Phoenix said.

"Daddy." Jack said with a hopeful smile. Phoenix clobbered him in a tight hug. They looked so happy. I slowly walked over to Jack, planting a small kiss on his lips.

"I'm sorry I left you. I missed such a big opportunity to be a father. And I want this back." Jack said looking into my hazel eyes.

"I'm down for that, but Phoenix, are you?" I said looking at my child.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" She screamed running around.

"I love you, Blade... Barakat?" Jack said grabbing my hands.

"And I love you, Jack Barakat." I said letting out a small giggle. And kissing him one more time.

"Let's watch Home Alone!" Jack screamed. Man, did I miss this...