Taking on the Alpha

"Sometimes, doing the forbidden can be nice."
~Alain Robert

Elsa

There was a reason I'd taken AP Calculus. Still, whenever I listened to my teacher drone on and on about derivatives, antiderivatives, and a bunch of theorems I'd probably never use in my life, I always forgot the reason...

Okay, not really. I was going to study economics and management in college. But when you're part wolf, you sometimes forget about normal human things. I belonged to a massive pack, which consisted of my identical twin sister Anna, my sister Ember, my brothers Hunter and Caleb, and many others that if I named them all, we'd be here forever. Our alphas were Arya and Ren Laroche.

Otherwise known as my parents.

Fierce, protective, and powerful, my parents owned half of the town. Soon, when my brothers took over the pack, they'd own it. I'd play a part in running it, mostly as Caleb's right-hand woman. Anna would too.

"Elsa Laroche?" My teacher called out.

"Here," I said.

"Good job," he told me, handing back the most recent test. I'd miraculously made an A on it. Anna had done the same. Just as our teacher finished handing out the results, the bell rang, dismissing the class. As my sister and I dashed out of the room, I barely heard our teacher futilely attempting to remind us about our homework. If only AP Calc homework could be forgotten...

Thank god it was lunchtime. It meant I could eat a little bit and sleep. Exhaustion threatened to take over as I'd barely had time to recuperate from the week. Between patrols, hunts, school work, school in general, and working at our family's hotel, breaks were non-existent.

Our hotel was our primary source of income, and we practically all worked there. Well, actually, it's a massive chain of hotels all over the world which we have other packs run. It's why they're all in mountainous or extremely hilly areas because you can't have a pack of wolves running down the middle of a city now, can you?

"How was Calc?" Josilyn asked, falling into step beside me. She was Noah's younger sister, and mine and Anna's best friend. We were all extremely protective of Josie due to her heart problems, causing her to have trouble keeping up with us whenever we partake in hunting or patrolling.

"Is Calc ever enjoyable?" Anna countered.

"I'll take that as a no. Can you two give me a lift to wherever we're going for lunch? Noah is taking Ember on a date, and I don't want to be in the car when they're getting all cozy with each other. It makes me feel really awkward."

"Yeah, of course. Where are the others?" I asked, shoving some books in my locker.

"Riley and Thea already left. Barry, Sebastian, Laurel, and Akira are meeting us in the parking lot. You ready?"