Enemies to Friends

"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry, and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them."
~Nikita Gill

Spencer

A week passed, and Jack still couldn't get over Elsa kicking his ass. Even the rest of the pack tired of his bitching, despite wanting their revenge on her too. I warned them there'd be punishment if I saw it, but I'm pretty sure they plotted against her anyway. I made it my mission to keep an eye on Elsa. All the times I couldn't, I prayed she was with her pack mates.

Who would've guessed I'd be looking out for a Laroche?

Unlike most of my pack- and by most, I mean all- I didn't agree with the feud with the Laroches, mostly because I had no idea why we were supposed to hate them. We just did. I kept my mouth shut around my family, though, because that was one argument I'd never win.

"Jack, for the love of God, shut up about the Laroche girl!" Lily snapped. She was my older sister by a year, and I often wondered how I ended up being alpha over her because, honestly, the attitude my sister had most certainly was one of an alpha. She was currently my second and kept the others in check with Dom-my older brother and the other alpha- while I was off at school.

"Don't worry, bud, we'll get our revenge. What about putting spiders in her locker? I remember hearing she was terrified on them," Grey mused.

"Don't even think about it. Ignore the Laroches, and they'll ignore us," I said firmly. "Jack, you got your ass kicked, suck it up. I was the only one there that saw it, so it's not like she humiliated you in front of the entire school. Speaking of, everyone ready to go? As much as my parents love you all, I don't think they want to hear you griping any more than I do."

"Yeah..." Jack grumbled. I shouldered my backpack and headed into the garage. After tossing my stuff in the trunk, I got in the driver's side. Jack, Gigi, and Grey all got in with me. The ride to the school was silent as none of us were morning people, and the only thing Jack continued to talk about was Elsa's ass-kicking, but he kept his mouth shut because he knew I didn't want to hear it.

Sometimes, it's good to be alpha.

Upon arriving at school, we piled out of the car and walked over to where Scarlet, Tommy, Fred, and Isabelle were waiting for us. I opened the door for my packmates, letting them go in ahead of me.

Just as the last of them went through, the Laroches approached. I nodded my head towards the door, trying to tell them that they could go through, but one of them- Thea Fray- sneered, "We can get the door for ourselves."

"Seriously, Thea? He's just being polite," Elsa said, rolling her eyes. She walked through the doorway, giving me a small smile on her way past. Anna hurried to catch up with her twin. Thea started walking in, but I cut her off.

"Excuse me?" she demanded, storming after me.