A Rosy Mystery

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
~Charles M. Schulz

Elsa

I chatted with my pack before first period, ignoring the fact the Stark pack stood a few feet away and how damn good Spencer looked. Why did he have to be a Stark?

My phone buzzed, and I pulled it out of my pocket. The message was from Spencer, reading: When does a brain get afraid?

I bit back a smile to prevent my family from suspecting anything. I'd given the Stark alpha my number a couple of weeks ago when we realized we were the only ones who could help each other with physiology homework.

I replied with 'when?' and barely ten seconds later, I got a reply: When it loses its nerve.

To Spencer: Do you look these up online or something?

From Spencer: Yes.

To Spencer: At least you're honest about it.

"Elsa, what are grinning about?" Thea queried.

"Oh, just a funny picture on Tumblr," I replied, trying not to sound guilty.

"Oh, okay. Anyway, I was saying that Riley is taking me to this super nice Italian place for Valentine's Day. Ember, Noah, Josie, and Hunter are going as well."

"I'm going to enjoy a nice day curled up in bed watching movies," Anna declared. "None that are romances."

"You need a boyfriend. So does Elsa. I'm tired of seeing you two all alone on Valentine's Day."

"I'm perfectly happy being single. Besides, I love everyone in my pack, but I'm not interested romantically in any of them," I said.

"Well, the only other people we can date are in the Stark pack, and we'd kill you before we let that happen."

"Thank you

"Thank you. Glad to know that you'd rather have me dead than dating a Stark."

Thea frowned. "Elsa, I'm j-"

"I'm going to head to class. Get my favorite seat before some human takes it. I'll see you at lunch." I walked off. Anna hurried next to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"You've just been kind of distant lately. I want to make sure nothing's wrong. I'm your twin. You know you can tell me anything."

"I'm fine. You know how I feel about our pack's feud with the Starks, and if that was the direction that conversation was going, I wanted nothing to do with it."

"Well, if you somehow ever did end up dating a Stark, I'd be on your side. As much as I'd hate it, I'd rather have you alive. Do you want to go out to lunch, get away from the others? Take Josie with us?"