Still Be Friends

"If two past lovers can remain friends, either they never were in love or they still are."
~Unknown

Elsa

Two weeks passed, and despite still being upset over my breakup with Spencer, I had something to look forward to: graduation.

My parents, Josilyn's, and Oliver's were getting ready to throw a graduation party for the four of us, but everyone was chipping in to help. It was being held at our hotel, but since the adults were busy getting that setup, the rest of us had other chores around the compound. I offered to do the grocery shopping because I was anxious to get away from the house and the pack. Finn joined me, although I didn't mind his company.

The two of us headed down to the store, where we split up to be more efficient. My trip started down the cosmetics aisle because I needed to pick up some eyeliner and mascara. Then it was to the hardware section because both mine, Anna's, and Ember's bathroom lights all decided to go out at the same time.

Next was the clothing section, although that was more because I wanted to get a gag gift for Riley, who was turning 20. I had another, more appropriate birthday gift for him, but he was one of the biggest clowns in our pack, so Anna and I decided to get him a funny gift as well. When I didn't see anything he would like, I made my way over to the ice cream section. It was, by far, my favorite area in the entire store. One of the highlights of being half wolf is that our metabolism works extremely fast, and we burn a lot more calories than normal humans do. It means we can basically eat whatever we want without having to worry about becoming overweight.

A great thing to have when you're stress-eating.

I'd only been staring at the ice cream selection for about two minutes when a familiar cologne wafted over to me. It took me no time to recognize its owner. The person casually stood next to me, prompting me to ask, "How've you been?"

"Okay. And you?" Spencer replied.

"Not bad. What are you doing here?"

"Shopping for food for dinner tonight while my parents deal with the graduation party. You?"

"Ironically, the same thing. It's amusing how similar our packs think when they dislike each other so much."

"If only they saw how similar. You here with anyone else?"

"Finn came with me. Anna wasn't feeling well, so she stayed home. Did you come here with your pack?"

"No, just Rey. She's become my closest confidante the past couple of weeks since she knows about everything..." Spencer paused momentarily. "Does anyone in your pack know?"

"Not that I know of, but I think Finn suspects it."

"Probably wondering if it's over between us so he can make a move," Spencer joked.