Disturbance in the Force

"She's half my soul and half my heart. Without my twin, I'd fall apart."
~Unknown

Anna

I woke up with a start. Something shifted, not just in my room, not just in the house, but in the world.

Elsa.

Without making a sound, I slipped out of bed to go to my sister's room but heard the back door creak open ever so slightly. I turned tiptoed down the stairs, ready to attack in case it wasn't my sister. However, peering into the kitchen, I calmed down. I recognized the blonde hair, the same as my own. Sensing my presence, Elsa whirled around. Her face was flushed, and she was out of breath, but her eyes shone with exhilaration.

In a deceptively calm voice, she asked, "What are you doing up? Did I wake you?"

"No... not technically," I answered, padding quietly into the room. I went to the freezer, grabbing the gallon of ice cream leftover from our graduation party. I handed a spoon to Elsa, who eyed me thoughtfully.

"What does 'not technically' mean?" She countered, digging into the ice cream with me.

"It means" I began with my mouth half full- "that something major happened between you and Spencer during your rendezvous tonight that made me wake up out of a dead sleep. So did you two have sex or something?"

Elsa nearly choked.

Gathering her wits, she said, "No. We did not have sex. It was just a kiss."

"Must've been some kiss."

Elsa's expression turned into one of wistful reminiscence. "It was. I can't explain it, but something changed between the two of us tonight. I don't know why or how, but it has. We both felt it. He... he also said he loved me."

It was my turn to choke. "He did what?! What did you say back?!"

"Shh! You'll wake everyone up," she hushed. "I said it back. Neither of us really comprehended what we said until after we both said it."

"Did you mean it?"

"Yes," she said without hesitation.

"What are you going to do? Our packs hate each other."

"I'm going to work on Caleb, get him warmed up to the idea of being friendly with the Starks. Spencer is going to work on Lily."

"Why not Josilyn?"

"I wouldn't want her to have to hide anything from Hunter. I hate keeping secrets from her, though..."

"I'd say you could let Hunter in on it, but I wouldn't put it past him to march right on over to the Stark compound and murder Spencer."

"Why can't they give them a chance? Why do we have to continue our parents' arguments? They're always telling us to forge our own legacy in this world. Why can't bridging this gap between our packs be it?"

"Our kind, especially Alphas, are set in their ways. All our Alphas are like that and except for my future brother-in-law-"

Elsa hit me in the arm as I quietly cackled. She flushed furiously at my comment, which only amused me further

"What are you two doing up?" Mom asked, shuffling sleepily into the room. Ember was directly behind her, rubbing her eyes. It was funny seeing the two of them together. Ember was the complete opposite of mom with her black hair, blue eyes, and elongated face like our dad. Hunter was the spitting image of dad too. Caleb inherited everything but face shape from our mom. Elsa and I had everything but her eyes. Ours were blue like our dads. For some reason, the blue eyes had been the dominant gene in our family, except in Caleb, who had mom's hazel.