Lost It

"It's when you hide things that you choke on them."
~Charles Bukowski

Elsa

It'd been torture seeing Spencer in his tuxedo.

When we got home, I went straight to my room, making up the excuse I had a headache and needed rest. Thankfully, sleep came swiftly, although the dreams that came along with the nap were bizarre. I traveled to an alternate dimension where I was a girl named Annie. It wasn't a bad dream, but it was still strange nonetheless.

I'd rather have continued the dream than deal with people. Unfortunately, life had other plans for me because someone knocked on my door. It wasn't any of my siblings. Hunter would bang on it, Caleb would knock in rapid sets of threes, Anna and Ember would poke their heads in, and mom and dad would call my name before entering.

Sighing, I sat up, calling for the person to come in. To my surprise, it was Killian. He shifted nervously as he said, "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's fine

"It's fine. I needed to get up. What's going on?" I'd completely lied, but he was nervous. I didn't want to make it worse.

Killian shut the door and sat down, fiddling his thumbs. "I wanted to talk to you about something. I heard some things, and I think we have a lot in common."

"What do you mean?"

"There are rumors you and Spencer; Finn alluded they were true but that only he and Anna knew. Before you get mad- because I can tell you want to go rip his throat out- he told me because he knew you're not the only one who got into a relationship with a Stark."

"Oh?"

"The Borealis pack lived nearby, and there was this girl named Emma. She and her sister... I don't know what happened to their pack. Whatever happened to mine and Finn's, I think it happened to theirs too. I don't know if they're alive..." Killian glanced down at his hands. His heart beat so fast, I thought it was going to fly out of his chest. "I wanted to let you know if you need someone to vent to, someone who can relate, I'm here."

With another shy smile, Killian got up and headed to the door, stopping when I said, "Tell me about her."

"What?"