Meet the Sibling

"It was terrifying to love someone who was forbidden to you. Terrifying to feel something you could never speak of, something that was horrible to almost everyone you knew, something that could destroy your life."
~Lord of Shadows, Cassandra Clare

Spencer

"What do you mean she knows we're working together?" Elsa demanded. I could hear her heart pounding wildly.

"She said to have fun working on the project with you," I repeated. "That's why I asked if she knew."

"No, the only one who knows is Finn. Oh, this is bad... What if she tells my parents? Or worse, my brothers? I need to call her. I-" Her phone rang, and she picked it up immediately. "Anna!"

I watched Elsa's expression change as she talked to her sister. I heard Anna ask how long we'd been seeing each other and who else knew. Elsa was candid with her, and the conversation seemed to go relatively smoothly. But when Elsa hung up, she sat down in the chair next to me, bracing her head in her hand. I placed a comforting hand on her back. However, unable to refrain, I asked, "So? What's she going to do?"

"She's coming to chaperone us or something. It's better her than my brothers. You want to call Rey, so you have some back up too?" Elsa inquired, finally meeting my gaze.

"I don't think they'd tolerate each other. But I have an idea. I don't know if it's smart."

"Considering you thought it'd be a good idea to split our packs up in gym, I'm going to say probably not, but tell me."

"What about Dom? He's outgoing, and maybe not as friendly as I am to strangers, let alone to Laroches, but I can calm him down. Besides, I think if anyone can handle my brother, it'd be your sister."

"How would you get him here?"

"Not sure, but I'll think of something."

Elsa sighed

Elsa sighed. "I'm going to regret saying this, but do it. We need to start breaking the ice between the packs, and it's good to start with the Alphas if possible."

"Awesome." I pulled out my phone and dialed Dom. He answered on the second ring.

"Hey, Spence, what's up?"

"What are you doing right now?" I asked.

"Working, but I'm heading home soon. Why?"

"Could you meet me at the library? I need your help."

"Yeah, I'll be there shortly. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just... don't freak when you get here?"

My brother sighed. "What have you done?"

"You'll see."

"Is this the girl you've been sneaking out to see?" he prodded.

"Maybe. You'll see when you get here. Don't tell anyone what you're doing, okay? See you soon." We hung up. Smiling at Elsa, I said, "Dom's on his way. You sure this is a good idea?"