Gone swimming

" What if something happens to her as she walks to the car? What if some random stranger comes up, stabs her and then lets her bleed out while laughing like a crazy person? Why won't she let me come and help her? It's not fairrrr."

I was complaining to Abe, something that I haven't been doing that much...maybe. But I was worried, Liz decided that she was going to have some alone time by going to the mall, without me. But she claimed that I was stressing out more than Red was, which was surprising to her and Red. I was like a damn chicken, always picking at the small things and making them the biggest problem, not that that was new or anything. So here I was pacing across the Library floor probably driving Abe out of his mind. He had taken the day to swim in his tank, saying that he was going to try something tomorrow and for a few weeks. But that wasn't important right now, Liz was.She was super freaking pregnant right now and what if something happened to her? It would be like, my fault for letting her out of the damn house. Red would have to kill me, Abe would have to dump me. Liz wouldn't be around to nag Red anymore. Life would suck, a lot.

"You are going to wear a hole in my carpet if you don't stop soon. Why don't you get a cup of coffee and read to me for a bit."

Glancing over I saw that the merman was floating near the glass, placing his hand on it so that he could read me a bit better, not that he needed help. I was an open book once I accidentally told him I liked him.

" I don't want to sit down."

I grumbled, walking over and placing my hand onto the glass, almost like we were touching, but a thick piece of glass prevented us. I loved Abe so much, and just looking at him made me calm down a bit, but that wasn't enough to get my mind off of Liz. She was going to be the death of me, I just knew it.

" Then why don't you join me for a swim?"

Glancing up I saw him give a slight grin, grinning back I nodded,

" Sure, but if that doesn't get my mind of her then I'm going to hide your thousand year eggs."

-time skip-

Slipping into the water I couldn't help but thinking about Liz. What if she got swept away by the water and drown? She was eight months pregnant for gods sake. Anythi-

" You worry more than anyone I have ever known."

Abe laced his fingers through mine, pulling me into the middle of the tank. Smiling a bit, I then shrugged,

" I'm worried about my sister in law and my neischew, is that a crime?"

He shook his head,

" No, I think it's kinda funny for you to care about her that much but sometimes maybe have Red be the one stressed out a bit okay?"

Nodding I pulled away and swam down to the bottom, turning to smile up at Abe, who looked a bit confused.

" Well, you invited me to swim so, let's swim.*

" You are truly one of a kind."

Then He swam down, but before he was able to come near me, I pushed off the ground, grinning as he got the drift. I wasn't as good as he was at swimming but I wasn't terrible at it. When he finally caught me he brought me up to the surface. He was about to kiss me when the door flew open, slamming into the wall.

" Liz went into labor and she is stuck in the middle of traffic during rush hour."

Glancing at Abe I just about flew out of the water, already thinking about running there. And I was. Fuck it.