11

Adrienne

I soon came to and I realized it was just Odell and my parents.

"Thank God. Are you okay sweetie" my mom rubbed my face. " she looked worried than before.

"Yeah mom I'm okay. Probably just not enough water" I tried to make an excuse but they weren't buying it.

"No we know it's about you and Odell. I know he makes you happy but you can't stress over others. You guys are young don't stress okay" my dad was very firm and also this is my 5th blackout this week.

"Thanks... the awards." I jumped up to be pushed back down.

"It's okay. You guys took 2nd overall. Percussion took 2nd." I smiled small. "Everyone is on the way back to school. You can ride with us or Odell."

"I'll ride with Odell." They smiled and I walked with Odell to his car. He had some tea for me and turned on the heater since it was cold. We didn't reach the the end of the parking lot and I was asleep. When I woke up we were at school for our review. Everyone was asking am I okay. I had to stand during our review as head in leadership but I stood against the wall with my head on Jordan. He was texting his girl about something. Probably to buy his smackables.

After review Odell drove me home and stayed for a little bit.

"Odell can I ask you something" he nodded sleepily.

"I was wondering can we break up" he jumped up.

"What why" he looked sad.

"Because it's been a month and I'm sure you're ready to break up with me so I'll just doing you a favor." He looked pissed off.

"Who gave you that idea Adrienne. That's a bull shit idea I know that because why would I break up with you." I shrugged my shoulders. I couldnt tell him that Amanda threatened me to break up with Odell so he can keep his connection to LSU. I care to much.

"Right so I'm not breaking up with and you gotta tell me what's up because that was random and now I'm extra tired so" he got the blanket and wrapped it around us "go to bed babe okay" he kissed my forehead and went to sleep.

I couldnt go to sleep. Threatening someone's future is crazy but blackmailing the person is even worse. I didn't want to tell Odell because I didn't want to have another episode. Amanda had something up her sleeve I can feel it which made me nervous

MONDAY MORNING
I walked to my 0 period and everyone was staring at me. Why I don't know it was like a look of worry and disgust all into one. Neither Jordan or Tiffany was there so I had to start practice. Practice was over so I headed to my locker only to find words on my locker like crazy weirdo suicidal and papers of my admittance to the psych ward of the hospital from 9th grade plastered everywhere. I soon began to cry and I ran out of school. Odell was just getting there.

"ADRIENNE PLEASE WAIT" Kota tried catching up to me. I ran to my to be blocked my Odell.

"Baby what wrong." I was breathing hard and crying.

"Let me go-go home now please" I was trying to break from his grip and I wanted it to end. I pushed him back and got in my car. I cried all the way home. My older brother Todd was home.

"Shouldn't you be at school...wait what happened." He led to the couch and hugged me. I cried until I went to sleep.
Going to a psych ward was the breaking point in my life and something was for my anxiety that my parents discovered was wrong. A lot of people think that it only exist with white people but no. It's a process that people try to get over but sometimes it's just support that they need.

Odell.

I needed to figure out what was going on. Kota handed me a paper and I saw what was on it.

"Amanda" she nodded. I needed to find her.

I walked over to locker to grab my stuff so I can go to Dri.

"Yo Odell. Why you ain't tell me you go dating a crazy girl. You must be dating 5 crazy girls" Jarvis started laughing but no one joined him. Kota punched him in his stomache

"WHERES AMANDA DAMNIT."Kenzie marched over to her locker and punched her and did some martial arts shit on her. I just looked. Victor had to pull her off. I guess she did my job for me.

I left and drove to Adriennes house. Some dude answered it. He was bigger than me.

"What you want mane" he wasn't scaring me. But he looked like he was the type to pull the trigger.

"Is Dri here" I asked

"Let me see if she's taking visitors. Dri some guy with a blonde Mohawk is here." I saw walk behind the guy.

"We can go to the backyard" She looked like death took over her. Just lifeless. I followed her to the backyard and we sat on the canopy.

"I know it was Amanda. Babe I'm sorry this happened to you." She sighed.

"How important is LSU to you" I gave her a look. This mag was a random question

"Important I guess. I'm a legacy so I feel obligated to go." He replied

"If someone said LSU is not going to take you would you be hurt" she looked like she wanted to cry.

"I'd feel like all the work I've done was for nothing. Why?" She ran her hands through my hair and kissed me

"You know how music is key to everything. Well you're the field and I'm the music. Remember that okay" she told me smiling weakly.

I wanted to know what she meant by that. It's something that would sit with me for a while