9.5

Odell

We all were at dinner and what I couldn't wrap my mind that I felt like I should be somewhere else. I looked at Rueb and Tiffany and how they looks happy. Everyone seemed good but me.

I looked at my food and my phone buzzed.

Jarvis: Man you good. Amanda is like clearly eating your plate too.

To Jarvis: yeah just confused.

Jarvis:it's that girl. Man she ain't worth you're time. Just let it go. Enjoy the girl who worships you and doesn't give you a hard time. I swear sometimes Kota make me want a white girl.

I ignored his text and got up and left the restaurant to just go outside. Amanda was my girl but somewhere I wanted Adrienne but something just said wait.

"Hey Odell." Kenzie smiled. Kenzie was a a genuine sweetheart. Her personality was so warm.

"Hey." I patted the spot next to me.

"Well you've been out here for like 15 min. Amanda ate your food." She chuckled.

"It's okay" I sighed.

"What's wrong Dell. You can tell me." She insisted. She won't tell anyone.

"I think I want to be with Dri but she doesn't want to be with me. Being with Amanda makes me want to flip a chair now." I put my head in my hands.

"I can't argue with you there. She's like a broken Barbie. But what makes you think Dri is the one."

"She's perfect in my eyes" I started smiling.

"Then why are you with Amanda."

"Well her dad is on the board of trustees at LSU and her uncle is one of the coaches at LSU. She basically said if you stay with me I'll get you in. Kenz I don't know."

"Look Dell. You don't need the hook up you're already in. You are one of the best players I know. But if you want Adrienne she's at home probably catching up on Once Upon A Time and eating hot wings."

"I can't leave Amanda now that's wrong. I'll leave her when we get to the dance since I know she'll be on some dude anyways." I shook my head and hugged her. "Thanks Kenzie" we walked back to the table and I noticed that my food was gone and she ordered desert.

"Excuse can I get my check please" the waitress nodded and I looked at phone and saw that my mom and dad texted me.

After paying for the check and driving to the dance I just wanted to leave. Amanda somehow found liquor and reeked. Everyone was hyped but me. I watched Amanda try to twerk and drastically failed.

I was walking out the door and was stopped by Victor.

"You out?" He dapped me.

"Yeah I gotta go. This isn't how I want to spend my night. Take care of Kenzie she's to good to let go." I smiled as she waved bye to me and gave me a thumbs up.

"Believe you me man. I won't. I need to marry that girl." I chuckled and left.

Adrienne

My parents left and took my siblings with them to this medical conference. It's really boring so I went without them.

It was 9oclock and I was in the middle of Once Upon a Time when the doorbell rang.  I looked to the peep hole and saw a guy in suit. I opened the door.

"I heard you had hotwings"

"Cmon in Odell"