15.

Adrienne

It was the championship football game. Friday night games were coming to an end. I was ready for this to end. Me and my section started warming up for the cadences when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Hey Jer. Good luck today." We did our handshake and a quick prayer and he went back to the the sidelines with Jarvis who waved.

We got in line for the parade and that when I bumped into Odell. He pushed passed me.

This was going to be a long game.

The boys lost the championship but they played their hearts out. The band had to clean the bleacher and me and Tiffany were the last ones out. I was on my way to football room when I spotted Odell just sitting on the bench. I didn't want to bother him. He was fumbling with a football.

"Go talk to him" she pushed me towards him and ran away.

"Hey" Odell looked looked up and saw me. He got up and pushed me over to the point where I fell back. I got up and pushed him back

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR ISSUE." He turned around.

"YOU ARE ADRIENNE. You broke up with me. I was in love with you, well I still am. Why Dri why did you break my heart.

"Odell The music." He cut me off

"No I don't want to here that bullshit. Okay the music doesn't ma-tter. Adrienne what are you protecting me from." I looked at him.

"Odell I can't tell you"

"Why not" he stepped closer to me.

"Because I can't. Just drop it" I tried to walk past him but he grabbed arm.

"Let go of me Odell" I tried to move his hand. Stupid big ass hands.

"No not until you tell me"

"It doesnt matter" I rolled my eyes

"Of so the arena doesn't matter but the music doesn't. Dri it's not always about you damn JUST TELL ME" he screamed out of frustration.

"LET IT GO"

"NO" he ran his hands over his face

"TELL ME ADRIENNE. WHY BABY TELL ME" he started pleaded. I couldn't take it anymore

"SHE THREATENED TO TAKE LSU FROM YOU YOU. OKAY ARE YOU HAPPY" he let me go. I sighed. "I agreed that if I broke up with you that you can still go to LSU."

"Adrienne look. LSU is important to me but sometimes other things are more important. I thank you for helping me love" he kissed my forehead. "But it doesn't change the fact that I broke up with you. Dri I still love you I really do but I think it's best of we just don't date for a bit." I was taken back. I wasn't expecting him to just swoop me off me feet and kiss me and take me back. But I also wasn't expecting this.

"Okay. I understand." I gave a slight smile.

"Friends" he held out his arms for a hug. I accepted.

I walked to the band room and changed out of my clothes.

"Hey how did it go with O- Sticks are you crying" I nodded.

"I'll be okay. I gotta go home" I walked out and I saw Jeremy carrying his bag along with his girlfriend

"Hey Sticks."

"Hey Jeremy."

"This is my girlfriend Kai." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Jeremy says you play drums and you're on your way to Oxford." I chuckled.

"Well maybe" I smiled.

"Good season Jeremy and it was nice meeting you Kai" I smiled

"You too. Adrienne" she smiled back and left with Jeremy. Kota and Kenzie drove their boyfriends today so I'm guessing their with them.

"At least my friends won today. All of them" I said to myself as I drove home.