Lunchtime

At lunch, I knew only one person's name. I realized this class was different the minute I was told about it, but a giant yellow emoji that killed the moon,  a girl inside a computer, and a classroom filled with kids who had to be trained to be assassins for the government to kill the thing that killed the moon. I guess it didn't help that everyone was playing two roles. Student and assassin, teacher and target or teacher and assassin. In any case, nobody want any of it to happen. I could tell everyone liked having a goal but nobody liked the having to kill Korosensei. Everyone except for Karma. I could tell he liked Korosensei, but he liked being able to kill him even more. I liked that too, even though I didn't know why we had to yet. That's when I got an email from Mr. Karasuma.

The email read: I forgot to tell you, Korosensei must be killed before March or he will do to the Earth what he did to the moon. ¥10 billion for the reward for whoever kills him and if it's a team effort, the money gets split."

I didn't care about money, but I did care about the world. My goal was never to kill Korosensei, I just wanted more practice for when my Father does come back. I keep training to one day show my Mother and my brother, wherever they are. I want to be a nobody to the world but a somebody to people who care about me and I care about back.

I was looking out the window when my shoulder got tapped. I turned around to see a girl, not too much shorter then me, with green hair and a bright smile. "Hi. I'm Kaede. I figured you might need a friend here." She told me, which made me smiled back.

"Hi, I'm Kaiko."

"I'm Ritsu." A voice called, and I looked to my right to see the computer girl there. "I was created to kill Korosensei but thanks to him, I now have friends and feelings."

I smiled. I didn't think someone who was going to kill more then 70% of the Earth's population would be so caring. "So, does that mean we're friends?" I asked her.

"Of course! I will add you to my database. I will find your phone number so that I can go onto your phone to make it easier for us to talk when you are not in school."

"That's great. What do you have access to?" I asked, coming up with an idea.

"Everything."

My eyes widened, and my heart started racing. "Could you do me a favour then?"

"Of course. Would you like me to search for something?"

"Yeah, but I would like it if we could talk after school. It's personal and I don't want everyone to know."

"I will take over your phone's database after school then to talk to you."

"Thank you." I told her, then saw Karma standing outside by the forest line. "I have to go but I'll see you after lunch."

Running outside, Karma waved me over to him. I had my lunch but it didn't look like he had a lunch. Then he took me into the forest more to reveal a picnic blanket and lots of food and pillows and little colourful ribbons hanging from the tree beside the blanket. And the blanket, it was perfectly flat. It was like the ground was packed down with a machine. My eyes went wide. I couldn't believe Karma did all this. It was only a normal talk to get to know each other, right?

"Kaiko, hi." Karma told me, his hand behind his head and his face going red. "Korosensei helped set this up. It was only suppose to be a blanket but he went all the way around the world to get this stuff and that's why it took so long. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to be so fancy."

"It's okay. I think this will be cool. I always wanted to try food from around the world. Anyway, you want to hear more about my Father, right Karma?"

"I want to know all about you. Why don't we sit down?"

"Alright. Where were we before?"

"You kept your father's surname."

"Oh, yes. Well, my Father was a little insane. I don't know why he left me. All I know is that he and my Mother and my brother are all out there somewhere. I never knew my mom, but I know if I met her, she would be proud of me."

"You said your Father was a little insane, but by what standards?"

I sighed. I couldn't even look at Karma or eat another bite. "I don't want to talk about it. I found out that Ritsu can search anything on the internet though. I think she can find the divorcé papers and find out my Mothers' name. Once she does that, she can help me find the address she lives at and I can go find my Mother and my lost brother. What do you think?"

"I think Ritsu can do anything, especially that. She would do anything for a friend now."

At that moment, the sun hit an angle that shone right onto us, causing the ribbons to glow but also caused me to over heat. I was wearing an extra shirt underneath, just in case the explosion this morning hit me. It reminded me of what my Father did. My Father was insane, but in many ways. The worst for me though, was the experiment. The experiment that made me like this. How I could go so fast, how I could think faster then anyone else and was amazingly smart as well as making me the perfect assassin. There was a side effect, which was my split personality between crazy and brave and academic and athletic. I always had a crazed and murderous look in my eyes because I was raised to be this way. I was his toy, for him to do whatever he wanted to do. Father completely broke when Mother left and took my brother. He wanted us both because she was crazy. She apparently did strange things like put make up on me and made me wear dresses and tied my hair in bows even though I cried when that happened. I would rip one of my dresses and she would scream at me and hit me. I might have preferred that then Father and what he did to me once the love of his life left him, taking his only son. If I could just meet them, maybe I could get on with my life. Become something more then just a living weapon. I forgot all of that when I saw the light shinning behind Karma. He looked like an angel, a fallen angel, but an angel.

"So, what are you doing in E class?" I asked him.

"Too many fights. The school got boring and kids tried to laugh at me for my interests so I forced them to stop laughing."

I smiled brightly. "What are your interests?" I asked, curious as well as sweating a lot.

"Promise you won't laugh?" he asked, looking at the ground.

"Promise." I told him, standing on my knees and leaning towards him. I put my piny finger out and he crossed his with mine.

Taking a huge breath, he managed the courage to tell me. "I collect spices. My pride and joy are my collection of spices from around the world. Everyone here sees me as the tough guy who can stop Korosensei so that's why I can't tell them, but you must understand, right?"

"I completely understand. It's like if I ever told my Father that I wanted to wear dresses and play princess instead of training to shoot an object moving at moche 10."

His eyes went wide. "You can shoot something at moche 10?"

"I can hit it, but I can't quite kill it yet. I am perfectly fine with moche 9 though. It's just that one last little moche that gets me. Like you said before, I can move pretty fast."

His eyes went wide, and this time he leaned towards me. His face was right in mine. His eyes were no longer filled with murder, but with something else I hadn't seen before. Then the bloodlust came back to him as he slowly backed away, his face brighter red then a tomato.

"Would you do me a huge favour?" he asked.

"Of course."

"Be my partner. If we work together, maybe we can kill him together."

"I'm sure we can. Do you have a plan?"

"I do."

"Well, I'll have the backup plan then." I smirked.

For the rest of lunch, we sat there, face to face, making plans to kill our teacher.