Date Night

I walked home. My foster Mother and foster brother were home when I got there. "Is that you Kaiko?" She yelled.

"Yeah! It's me! I'll be in my room!" I yelled, walking off but my older brother, Hitoshi, caught my shirt.

"Sorry Kaiko, but Mom is taking us to one of her shops, but don't worry, it's not to far from here."

"Is it the old tea house?" I asked, hoping it wasn't.

"Yeah. There's a nice family owning it but they have a son who isn't exactly the best but you two are the same age. We're going to check on the shop and then go out to dinner, as they are the highest money making shop Mom owns in Japan."

"They are?"

"Yeah, and they get busy a lot but they handle it well. Now, go get a nice dress on. This is a suit and tie kind of dinner. I'm bringing my girlfriend so you don't have to talk to me." He smiled.

"Okay. I guess I can wear one of the dresses Mother got me."

"Remember, it's chilly outside so bring a light sweater!" He called as I ran up the stairs.

Looking in the giant closet, all I could think about how rich my foster Mother was. The house was so huge that we actually had live in maids and butlers. I kept to myself though. My closet was huge and filled with clothes. I found a really nice dress that wasn't too fancy but could cover princess if it had to. I quickly change out of my school clothes and into the dress. I put on matching flats before going back down stairs. Mother and Hitoshi were all dressed up, and somehow during the time I was gone he managed to change into a suit, slick his hair back, and got his girlfriend there in a few minutes. Sometimes I swore this normal boy was faster then me sometimes.

"Ready to go?" Mother asked.

"Yes. I'm exited." I lied.

We took a limousine there, which I thought was a little too much but I didn't argue. We all got out of the car and towards the tea house. It was huge and looked new even though it was called the old tea house. We went inside even though the sign said closed.

"Hello. It's nice to see you dressed so beautifully." Mother told the woman standing there. "You so nice, Gina. Where are Akio and Karma?"

"Oh, Akio is just getting Karma into a suit. You know teenage boys. Don't want to wear anything fancy unless they have to." She laughed and so did Mother. Even Hitoshi and his girlfriend were laughing. Misa laughed at everything though and absolutely hated me. When Karma came down, my eyes widened this time. It was like during our picnic at lunch, only I knew there wasn't anything actually glowing on him making him look absolutely perfect. His hair was still messy, but it suited him. Made him look even better. His tie was untied and the top of his shirt was unbuttoned along with his jacket being open. He didn't look happy, but probably because I was hiding behind Mother due to me not wanting him to know I'm pretty much richer then whatever money they were giving us for killing Korosensei.

"Oh, Gina, this is my daughter. Her Father just dumped her and I couldn't say no to taking her in. Come on sweetie, you don't need to hide." Mother said, and as soon as she said that my Father left me, Karma's eyes tried to look behind her, but I hid more. "Don't worry, they're good people." She told me, looking back, but gave up. "I'm sorry, she's usually so much like Karma. I don't know what got into her."

"I can see you." He said, and I peaked out from behind Mother. Looking at him looking so hot, my face just changed colour to bright pink as I hid behind Mother as a shield because I didn't have my hair anymore.

"Is that really you, Kaiko?" He asked, still trying to look around. I gave up. He wouldn't stop looking and would eventually see me, and there was no hiding at the restaurant.

"Hi Karma."

"Your foster mom is my parents' boss?"

"Well, I didn't know that until you told me."

"So, you didn't know about this dinner?"

"Not at all. I would have kept my hair until tomorrow morning if I had have known. All I could do with this was put a flower in my hair because whatever was put in it, it's stuck like this for at least until tomorrow."

"You know, if I had have known this dinner was with your foster family, I would have been more willing to wear this stupid suit." He laughed, making me laugh too.

"No it wouldn't."

"No it wouldn't." He told me, right after I said it.

Mother smiled. "You two know each other?" She asked.

"We're both in 3-E. Like you said, we're very alike. It's actually a little scary how so. Today was my first day and we got along so fast."

"Oh, is this the friend you were going to have to come over to study with?" Karma's mother asked him.

"Yeah, but I didn't have her phone number so I didn't know how to tell her I had to cancel, but this is perfect. We can study after."

"Well kids, we have a schedule to keep. Let's get going and talk at the restaurant." My brother said, and Karma and I both rolled our eyes before walking outside.

On the way to the restaurant, I tied his tie. That's all he was willing to 'fix' with his outfit. "You look really beautiful tonight." He told me, and my eyes went wide again.

"I don't even know how I look. Sometimes I want to just wear nice things like this all the time, but Father would never let me, so I don't."

"I think you should be able to wear whatever you want."

My phone started buzzing when Karma told me that. I was so happy he said that but I had to check what email I got. It was from Ritsu. She told me that my Father was back, and he was in a restaurant not too far from where we were.

"Stop the car!" I screamed, and the driver pulled over as fast as he could.

"What's the meaning of this Kaiko?" My foster Mother asked me, angry.

"My Father, he's been spotted by a friend of mine, not too far from here! I have to go see him!" I told her, getting out of the car. I started running, ripping the dress off to show a tee shirt and shorts. Karma got out and started chasing me. When he caught up, he smirked at me.

"You didn't think you could get out of this date so easy, did you?" he asked, and I grabbed his hand. We ran to the restaurant together.