Zane X Reader

THIS WILL BE PLACED IN PHOENIX DROP, BUT SOME THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT. JUST MAKING THIS CLEAR.

When we're born into this world, we see dullness. No color, it's like a pencil sketch. Once you meet your soulmate, colors start to blossom, you can finally see the beauty of the world. When your near your soulmate, this colors blossom brightly, and everything you look at has a color. But the minute they're not near, the color that everyone describes with such excitement disappears, being replaced back with the dull colors everyone had despised.

I looked over at Zane who was smiling warmly at me. His bright crystal blue eyes looking in my E/C ones.

"You look very... Beautiful today Y/N."He said softly. My smile grew into a grin, and I felt my heart flutter. The colors looked so bright, so... Amazing. Everything felt so right. His hand in mine... It was wonderful.

"Thank you, Zane."I replied, letting out a happy sigh. We walked down the street looking around the scenery, Zane staring at the ground and bushes. I was studying the flowers, and how some had such light pastel colors and other had vibrant yet more darker colors.

"So Y/N, how have you been? I haven't seen you in a while."Zane asked, his free hand combing through my H/C locks.

"I've been good. How about you?"I responded.

"Oh you know, the normal."Zane chuckled, his laughing sounding like music.

"And by normal you mean cramped up in your bedroom watching My Little Horsey?"I questioned with a raised eyebrow. His eyes darted to the ground as his cheeks started to turn light pink.

"No... Maybe.."Zane muttered in response. I giggled at him before looking back around at the magnificent colors.

"Do... Do you see it too Zane?"I asked after a small silence, a smile on my face as I gazed over the shades that mixed together. I looked back over at Zane who had stopped, and was now staring at me with a confused expression.

"See what Y/N?"