Dante X Reader

"Dance with me." I blurted out, watching his red and puffy eyes look up at me in confusion.
"What?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing together.
"I said dance with me." I repeated, pushing myself off the bench we were sat on. "Please."
Dante tilted his head slightly but nodded, his fingers entwining with mine.
I pulled him onto the field, one hand placed on his shoulder as he placed his free hand on my hip.
"I'm gonna miss this." Dante spoke softly, his eyes never leaving mine.
"I will too." I responded, giggling softly as he spun me around him.

I could imagine it now, Dante in a suit and me in a beautiful F/C dress, my H/C done up neatly. I can imagine us dancing elegantly through the night, exchanging vowels.

"I'm gonna miss you, Y/N." Dante said softly, bringing me out of my thoughts.
I looked up at him before leaning my head on his chest silently. The words were silently exchanged.

The stars in the sky were bright, the moon having a slight shimmer on it as it casted down over Phoenix Drop.
"I'm gonna miss us." I whispered, listening to his heart-beat.
Thud thud. Thud thud.
I could fall asleep to the noise. To me it was calming, to know that there was somebody there holding me. As cliché as it sounded, I was head over heels for this man.

"Is it possible to fall in love every single day?" I asked Dante, looking up at him with a sad smile.
He looked back down at me, the sadness shown in his eyes but masked by his captivating smile.
"I'd like to think so." He responded, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.
"Good," I hummed. I pressed my lips to his softly, melting into the kiss that I knew I wouldn't be able to repeat tomorrow.
But it wasn't tomorrow yet, and so I was going to absorb as much of it as I could.
His hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him.
"I love you Y/N." Dante smiled once we pulled away, kissing my forehead.
"I love you too." I replied with ease, as if I had been practising those three words my entire life.

******

As I laid down next to him, with my hand holding his, I couldn't help but shed a single tear.
"I love you, Y/N." Dante whispered to me, his arm wrapping around me softly.
"I love you too, Dante. And don't you dare forget that." I replied, squeezing his hand tightly.

As my eyes fluttered shut, as the last of my life slip out of me, I faintly heard the sounds of Dante crying.
Every sense I had disappeared, leaving me in a black, but it was comforting, unlike the stories I had heard where it was meant to be scary and uncomfortable.

Was this what death felt like?