Garroth X Reader

I bit my lip to hold back tears, Vlaydd and Dante bowed their heads in respect.
"Are you sure this is his? I-I mean, he may still be o-o-out there!" I tried to reason, but we all knew it was his.
"I'm sorry, madam, but this is his alright." The guard said softly.
I wanted to snatched the sword from the guard's hand. I wanted to scream about how this was impossible, that nobody was doing anything. I wanted to blame Aphmau for dragging him into this battle, this wouldn't of happened.
But I couldn't.
So, I took the blade out of the guard's hands, clutching it tightly in my palms. When I looked at the silver bit that I had always seen him battle with, my reflection stared back at me.
"Thank you." I whispered, turning around and walking back into the house.
Inside I was fuming, how could Zane do this to his own family? How could he being willing to kill for his own selfish needs? What did he earn in this? Fear? Respect?
I placed the sword down on the counter, not physically able to doing anything with it, and instead leaned against the chair with a chocked sob.
I had always feared this day. The day where he wouldn't return.
"You know I'm doing this for you, right Y/N?"
I pressed my hand to my stomach and turned my head to look at a picture of our wedding day.
"Of course. I just want you to return in one piece, that's all."
A ghost of a smile appeared on my face. I wasn't angry at him or Aphmau, or Zane for that matter. I was angry at myself for letting him do this.
There was nobody else to blame but me. So that's who I will blame.
"I love you Y/N."
A single tear rolled down my cheek.
"I love you too, Garroth."