Chapter 11; Kissing Harry Styles

"I don't know what this is

Cause you got me good

Just like you knew you would"

- Duffy, 'Mercy'

 ---------------------------

                I was never getting out of my bed.

                I would stay there forever. Or at least until term ended and the people at Oxford kicked me out because there was no way that my parents were going to pay for me to stay in England during the summer.

                "Hunter, wake up." Even though I was buried under every pillow that I could find in our apartment I still managed to hear Keller's annoyed voice.

                Obviously I didn't move because, as I've already mentioned, I was never leaving my bed until campus security came and physically removed me.

                "Hunter, for fuck's sake, you have to get up," Keller groaned, taking a step farther into my protective room-cave. "You're the fucking maid of honor. Now you have to be at all of these events. And you have to look happy about it, too."

                Oh. Maybe I should have mentioned that. It was three days after the engagement party in which Harry ‘fingered' me and now Eleanor and Louis were having some sort of brunch with Eleanor's family. And, yes, I was the maid of honor (because apparently that title isn't really a choice), but that didn't mean that I needed to be there. I had met Eleanor's parents before and I didn't find the need of meeting them again. Especially when I had publically declared that I was never leaving the room again.

                Keller, by the way, was a bridesmaid. And even though she wasn't thrilled about it, she still felt obligated to show up whenever Eleanor called. Plus no one had bothered to elaborate on the Eleanor Past-Life story. They all just blew it off like it was no big deal even though it clearly was if Zayn Malik decided to bring it up. Zayn Malik only talks about the most important of things.

                Anyways, Keller and I were currently being summoned to eat with Eleanor and her parents. I was dead-set on not moving. Keller was doing something because she kept walking around the apartment. It was a battlefield.

                "John's not going," I croaked out. I was also half-asleep.

                "That's not an excuse. John and Eleanor hate each other." According to Zayn Malik, Eleanor hated everyone. "Besides, he has to work today."

                Lucky duck. "I do too."

                "No you don't." I forgot how Keller knew my work schedule since I always left it on the fridge.

                "I should go in anyway. It's a single shift today. I don't want to leave Niall there alone." That was true. Not that Niall was going to burn the place down but he does a lot of things to make sure that he doesn't get too bored. Which was why we often traded various store items for food.

                "I think that Niall will be fine." Keller was not going to back down. Why was she still standing in my room?

                "I just don't want to go," I groaned from underneath my mound of pillows.

                "Well, do you remember how one of your best friends is getting married?" Damn you, Keller, and your dry, British humor so early in the morning. "Get up. You're going to have to do something to your hair. It's raining."