Chapter 25; C U Next Tuesday

" I hear the preacher say, "Speak now or forever hold your peace"

There's the silence, there's my last chance.

I stand up with shaky hands, all eyes on me.

Horrified looks from everyone in the room

But I'm only looking at you."

- Taylor Swift, 'Speak Now'

 -----------------------------

"You look like shit."

                That was how Junior had greeted me the next morning. I mean, in all fairness, I really did look like shit. There was no point in denying that one. Plus I don't think that Junior had ever said anything kind to me when we would first see each other. He was just keeping the (read: horrible) tradition alive.

                "We can trade places," Keller grumbled, pushing between Junior and I so that she could get to the fridge.

                While I was about to go attend what could've possibly been the strangest funeral known to all of mankind, Keller was getting ready to go to Eleanor's wedding. None of us looked very happy. Even Junior. But I figured that he was probably just hungover and that was fine with me because Junior having a hangover meant that he wouldn't spend the entire day being obnoxious. Instead, he would just complain and that really was all I did in my free time.

                "Keller, you can't wear black to a wedding," I scolded her.

                She was wearing a tight black dress, which wasn't that shocking because Keller generally did wear a lot of black. She wasn't goth or anything, she just liked black. And yeah, she did look good (as usual), but it was a wedding and I was pretty sure that you weren't supposed to do things like that.

                "You're the one wearing pink to a funeral," Keller scoffed, fluffing up the back of her head. The other good thing about Keller was that Junior never hit on her because Keller was just as dangerous as he was. That was always reassuring.

                I looked down at my simple pink dress. Because that's what it was. It wasn't special but it wasn't like I was wearing a black dress to a wedding. "What's wrong with my dress?" I frowned.

                "You look like shit," Junior repeated.

                "You look like you're twelve," Keller said at the same time.

                I have such a great support system. Look at how far they had gotten me.

                "I like my dress," I said defensively. And I really did like that dress. That was why I had purchased it. Yeah, it may have been from the junior's department, but that was okay. It fit. "And I'm going to wear it and be perfectly content at the same time. Meanwhile, Eleanor is going to bitch you out for wearing black to her wedding." And I was positive about that one.

                "Eleanor is going to bitch me out no matter what happens," Keller shrugged, opening the fridge and pulling out a tiny cup of yougurt. "I might as well wear what I like."

                "Eleanor's the one that's getting married, right?" Junior asked, confused. But he was confused about life because he was dumb.

                "She's a bitch," Keller and I said in unison.

                Junior shrugged. "Is she hot?"