Chapter 26; Whores

You made my heart melt, yet I'm cold to the core,

But rumour has it I'm the one you're leaving her for"

- Adele, 'Rumour Has It'

 -----------------------

                Holy Mother of All Vegetables, Particularly the Squash.

                That wasn't me.

                Like, I knew for a fact that it wasn't me. Mainly because everyone was staring at Hannah. Who was staring at her phone-slash-Harry because she kept looking over at him with a look of pure outrage on her face.

                "What the hell, Harry?" she shrieked.

                Harry, for the most part, looked indifferent. And ‘indifferent' to Harry basically meant that he just looked smug. Which sucked because he deserved to sweat every once and a while as well. His life was way too easy. He just said mean things to people and wore a lot of blazers.

                "Um, what the hell, Hannah?" Eleanor barked. Oooh, she was pissed. And, more importantly, she was pissed at someone else. I mean, I'm pretty sure that she would've yelled at me too if she would've seen me there. "I'm kind of busy over here!"

                Also, I was pretty sure that I was the only person there without an iPhone. Not to mention how John still hadn't looked up from his. He probably had no idea what was going on. Not like anyone else did. But it involved Harry and Hannah, which made it a little too high school for me to care that much either. And they weren't telling Louis that he couldn't marry Eleanor, which meant that I was still going to have to interrupt them later.

                Well, I guess that meant that I finally got to sit back down. I was currently suspended in this weird squat half-sit-half-stand thing that was really uncomfortable. And probably really unattractive.

                "But he...!" Hannah sputtered, pointing at a rather smug looking Harry.

                "Not now, Hannah!" Eleanor growled through thin lips. Louis just looked confused. And kind of like he didn't want to be there. Well, Louis, you should say that. Because you were making this a lot more difficult for me. "I am kind of in the middle of something more important than whatever Harry said."

                Yeah, I could believe that. Harry wasn't known for saying very important things. Or at least he hadn't said anything of that much importance to me before.

                "Um. Okay," the minister/priest said before adjusting his glasses and turning back to the book that he was reading out of. "May I continue?" No, you may not continue. Could you not see the girl with the large hair and Taylor Swift dress in the middle of a large moral dilemma? Of course he didn't because he went on administrating the wedding or whatever the proper term was.

                Squash garden. Alright, Hunter, now you really were going to have to think of something to say because time was running out. It didn't even have to be anything fancy anymore. As long as you said something that got the point across, we would consider that to be a success.

                Maybe I could say it in French. I took French in high school and it had yet to pay off. There aren't that many reasons to speak French in St. Louis. Or at least not in rural Missouri, which was pretty much my backyard. I should've taken Spanish. And if they had offered Mandarin, I would've taken that. That would make ordering Chinese food so much easier. I could go to an actual Chinese restaurant instead of that sketchy Asian-fusion one that was on the Oxford campus.