Chapter 13; Herp-Derp-Herpes

" And I'm in pieces, baby fix me

And just shake me 'til you wake me from this bad dream

I'm going down, down, down, down

And I just can't believe my first love won't be around"

- Justin Bieber, 'Baby (feat. Ludacris)'

 ----------------------------

                Being in a car with Louis was a nerve-wracking experience and I have no idea why.

                Actually, that's not true. I was afraid of being with Louis in the first place because I always managed to say something absolutely horrifying and I was really trying to adopt a normal social identity.

                Luckily, I didn't have to say much to begin with because my mouth was still leaking like a faucet. And that was a really gross analogy and is probably why I spend my life hiding in a cave. But really, though, I was mainly concentrating on how not to bleed on the interior of Louis's car while he and Liam engaged in normal conversation. And normal conversation means a lot because they weren't being all touchy and dirty like how he was with Harry.

                "Hunt-ah, are you alright back there?" Louis tried to make eye contact with me through the rear-view mirror.

                I was sitting in the backseat, in case you hadn't picked up on that. I was way too awkward to sit in the front seat. "Yeah, I'm fine," I lied because I was actually getting slightly freaked out by the amount of blood that I had lost. "Are you okay?" What the hell? Why would he not be okay?

                "Oh, I'm fine, love," I could see Louis's smile in the mirror. "What about you, Liam? How are you feeling?"

                "I'm pretty good, mate," Liam nodded.

                "Well, would you look at that? We're all just doing lovely on this fine afternoon!" Louis smiled again.

                I wasn't sure if he was mocking me or if he was generally that jovial. I was leaning towards the latter; Louis was always happy when I saw him. Either way, we spent the rest of the ride to the hospital in silence. Well, not really, because Louis had the radio on, but no one was trying to start a conversation or was trying to get me to say dirty things. Which was a nice change of events for me.

                We finally made it to the hospital. I had somehow managed to not make a complete fool of myself. Probably because I couldn't speak. Or that I was forcing myself not to speak because I knew that nothing good would come out of me opening my mouth.

                Liam got the door for me, both to the car and to the building while Louis went to park the car. That was weird. You would think that with holding two older stepbrothers that I wouldn't be so shocked to see manners being used. Not that my parents are bad parents or anything. Junior and Richie just can't be tamed.

                "I can get that," I told Liam before he could grab the second door that lead us into the building. He was about to get dialysis. He probably shouldn't have been moving all that much.

                He shook his head. "No, it's fine, I've got it," he assured me, reaching out and opening the door anyway. Although now that I think about it, that hospital should have had automatic doors. It's a hospital. It's supposed to be as easily accessible as possible.

                "But your dialysis!" I protested.

                Liam wrinkled his thick, dark eyebrows at me. "What dialysis?"