Chapter 20 | The Ballad of Resurrection Joe and Rosa Whore

(The title is a Rob Zombie song. Felt like I should point that out. Also thanks xxxKuzaTrashxxx for sending me this pic)

Sleep found me for a few hours at least. Between all the stress weighing me down and hearing Kuza get up, I woke up. Hazily, I looked up at him standing in front of the nightstand. He counted out pills from a bottle, throwing them back with some water. It wasn't alarming to me. I knew they were probably just pain pills for his gunshot wound.

Mike leaned over and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry I woke you. I was just re-upping on meds. Go back to sleep."

I snaked my arms around his neck, "Mmh, I can't sleep." I murmured.

He climbed on top of me, his legs on either side of my hips. "Anyway I can help?" He whispered in my ear.

"Kiss my neck, slowly." I responded, placing a soft kiss on his temple.

Mike was wearing his favorite necklace. I swear he never takes it off. It was an inverted cross strung on leather. My hand absentmindedly played with the string. If he is the Devil, how could he bear to wear a cross? Even an inverted one? His eyes were so beautiful and clear. He's evil but to call him the Devil goes farther than what he's capable of.

He was treating me so delicately. He's never done this before. Hell, it was a rarity Ricky ever does. I guess when you're a whore like me, guys don't think you need it slow. Sometimes you've got to have love over lust to feel like you matter. Kuza's hands held onto my waist firmly. It wasn't aggressive, only comforting.

Just about the time he reached my collarbone, he stopped. "I don't want to push you."

"Mike," I tangled my hand in his long black hair, "I want this. It's okay."

He seeped a sigh and moved back up to be face to face with me. "Are you sure you won't regret this? I know you're mad at Ricky but I don't want you to do anything you're going to regret."

"Baby, shhh. We don't need to talk about him. And I don't regret things. You don't become a famous serial killer with regret in your head." I leaned forward to kiss him gently, "You told me you wanted a chance to make love to someone for once. I'm giving you that chance."

His fingertips traced up my jawline. Kuza rested his forehead against mine, closing his eyes, "I should've made you mine when I had the chance. I know when this is all said and done, you'll go back to him. You two love each other more than anything in the world. It's because of that that I never thought I'd get the chance to hold you in the silence like this. I never thought I would actually get to make love to someone I actually love. Forgive me if I take this too slow but I don't want this moment to end."

"We have all night, Baby. Don't you worry." I mused.

He got this cute smile, like a Labrador puppy. Kuza started to kiss on my neck again. I turned my head to the side to give him more access. Our rooms are all built the same way. The doors have long panel windows on either side of them that look out to the hall. It's honestly just their plow at having a way to keep an eye on us when they want to. Some of us have covered them, Mike hasn't. The last thing I need right now is Ricky spying on us.

"Do you have anything to cover those?" I asked him.

Mike glanced up, following my line of sight, "I'm sure I could figure something out. You want more privacy?"

"Yes, please. If it's not too much trouble." I replied.

"Never." He wisped, pecking me on the cheek.

When he got up, pulling his body off of mine, I got a rushing chill. I've only ever felt that way with Ricky. I can't explain it properly. In rough fucking, it doesn't happen. It's only when you're taking your time that the absence of your partner becomes cold. Fuck, could this be a mistake? What if I end up falling in love with him? I do love him, as a friend. That special kind of love, I figured if we hadn't found it in years of knowing each other, we never would've. It just takes one small moment to wake up.