Chapter 33 | Pendulum

Aydee = 

| | |

My eyes traveled up the pendulum with a razor edge that hung from the ceiling. It was quite the beauty. Perhaps my favorite toy I've gotten so far. Below it, a white haired girl with pale skin was strapped to a stone table. Chris was nice enough to carry her in for me. He's actually watching from the monitors that were just in the other room. I'm glad he's taken it upon himself to stay close to me. Ever since that horrid nightmare I had last night, I don't want to be alone.

I had this idea in my head if I continued on with my work, I might find some peace once again. It was what kept me sane after all. A mind that has time to wander will go places it shouldn't. Normally I would watch from the safety of the next room but there's a difference between myself and Jigsaw. He didn't want to get caught, so he hid behind a doll. I don't have to fear getting caught though. Who the Hell cares if I'm in the room?

The girl I loomed over began to stir and wake up. She blinked her eyes open with a groan. I ran my hand over her dyed hair, lowering my lips to her ear, "How does it feel? To wake up in a strange place? With a strange person? Tied up and helpless?" Upon my last words, she came to the realization that her hands, feet, and neck were restrained. "A twist of fate, isn't it?"

"Who are you?" She grunted in her struggles, "What do you want with me?"

"I want you dead." I numbly stated, "But I'm giving you a chance to live. You don't see the purpose in life and that is why you choose to destroy others'. Young lives, at that. The amount of children you've kidnapped is honestly impressive... and utterly disgusting. The very hands you have used to snatch those children up, to tie them up, and to chop them up are now under two hydraulic presses.

In a minute, this pendulum will start swinging and lowering closer and closer to your body. In order to turn it off, you must press the switches that turn on the presses. Will you sacrifice your hands in order to save your life? Live or die, Aydee. The choice is yours."

She started to scream out of panic like they all do. That bitch had thrown away her life so much already and she didn't give a damn about anyone. When people do survive my traps, it's because they have someone to live for, not something. She was all alone and vane as fuck. I expect her to die.

Once I had delivered my monologue, I headed back into the control room with Chris. I hit the switch that started the machine. That really made her scream. Good thing in here, I have a mute button. I really do enjoy carving into flesh and watching blood flow, but over the years I've grown tired of the screaming. They all fucking do it and it's like nails on a chalkboard.

"Ange said the leader of the drug ring they're busting is a chick." Chris spoke as he set down his phone.

"That's new." I replied, "You're probably disappointed you didn't join them, then."

"Nah. I have respect for women that can hustle. It's those lazy sluts that think they can skate through life just on their looks that piss me off." His phone dinged again, so he turned his attention to it. "He wants to know if you'd like her alive."

"Yes, please. If I don't torture her, I'll feed her to Kuza. He likes his meet very fresh and extremely rare."

He chuckled, "If nothing else, Ryan always needs new subjects. He's supposed to be getting back to work today."

"Yeah, I think I'm going to go visit his lab. I got a glimpse at one of his experiments when I was in the hold and it made me curious. Plus, usually by lunch time he's ready to punch Reese. The other day she made me want to deck her." I grumbled the last part.

"She's a nosy little bitch. That's for sure." He responded.

We went quiet as we both began to watch the monitors. Our lab rat was actually trying to reach the buttons. She screamed the second the presses barely pushed down on her. I'd hate to see how this birdie will sing when that pendulum slices through her gut. It was starting to get closer and closer by the second. This was honestly my favorite trap I've built so far. I'll have to use it again.

"Three... Two... There she goes." Chris mused as her blood gushed out on the table.

"I knew she wouldn't last." I replied. Pushing out of my chair, I stood up, "I'll tell the janitor to come clean up in here. I'm going to go get some reading done and unwind before I have to go see Ricky."

"Why do you have to see that dipshit?" He asked.

"We're working on a way to get Mike out earlier. Who would've thought I'd end up having to work along side my husband to free the man I'm cheating on him with?" I blandly joked.

"Is it really cheating though? I feel like you and Mike were really meant to be all along. Ricky was just a roadblock."

I frowned, "I don't know... I hope when I get Mike out of the hold, he's still my Mike. Maybe if I take Ricky to see him, he'll finally understand why I'm so desperate to get him out. You wouldn't believe it, Chris. They've fucked him up so badly." My arms wrapped around my chest in need of comfort. I turned my head away, looking at the door, "I'm going to... be in the common room if you need me."

Chris let me go without trying to press me. He's the type to want to comfort someone but I'm inconsolable right now. Every time I think of what they've done to my little killer, it makes me ill. The reason I chose to sit in the common room instead of Kuza's room was because I truly didn't want to be alone. Every since that nightmare I had last night, I feel so paranoid every time I'm by myself. I keep checking over my shoulder, which is not who I am at all. I've never acted this way before.

I was relieved to see Nikki was in the common room when I reached it. He was watching Cabin in the Woods. Oh, the irony. I sat down on the opposite side of the couch with my book. It was about time I finally got through this damn thing. Somehow I've managed to remember my place and continued to read. The noise of the TV didn't bother me at all.

After murder, I go one of two routes. I either want hot steaming sex or I want to curl up with a book. Without my lover, I was defaulting to the second option. About an hour later, I wasn't done with the book but I was reading the message loud and clear. Even that, I hadn't completed. I didn't need to because I could make out what it said. Out of shock, I dropped my book.

"Are you okay?" Nikki asked, muting the TV.

For a moment I just was frozen. I nodded, shaking it off the best I could. "Oh, yeah, yeah. I just thought I saw a spider crawl on the page. I didn't sleep very well last night so I'm probably just seeing things."

"Stress can do that to you." He replied, "It's a shame you aren't a lady because I'd offer to go down on you for hours to help you relax."

I gestured my hand out with sass, "I mean, you still can. You just need to get over your fear of sucking dick. It's way better than you'd think."

"You're never going to get me to try dick, Babe. Sorry." He responded, then went back to watching the movie.

With a small laugh, I turned my attention back to the situation at hand. I picked up the book from where I had dropped it on the ground. Just as I did, Ricky walked in. He went behind the couch, running his hand across my shoulders until he stopped in front of me.

"I was going to go talk to Twiggy. Would you join me? You could probably do a lot better than I would." He said.

I nodded, "Sure."

"You okay?" He asked sweetly, "No pun intended, but you look like you've seen a ghost."

"Imaginary spider." Nikki replied like the asshole he is. He laughed when I gave him a dirty look. "I'm kidding."

"Feels like a ghost is about the only thing I haven't seen." I muttered, clutching the book closer to my chest.

Ricky still seemed concerned. I couldn't tell him. For all I know, he was in on it. This whole thing was coincidental though. Or at least I was hoping. See, when Ryan took that bullet, he originally was well out of the way. He made an active effort to jump in front of it to block it. I knew there was something wrong when he put his life on the line for the woman that ruined his life. The message he'd encoded in the book for me read:

They weren't aiming for Bambi.